CHAPTER-4 RETURNING TO THE ROOTS

Start from the beginning

"When will we leave for Earth?, Silena asked.

"Now. Pack your belongings.", Chaos said. Percy nodded and sighed. He knows that he was still unwanted there. He still wants to go to Annabeth and ask her why. He needed closure to her chapter. Even after five thousand years, he still missed her.

Being the first in command, Percy created a portal to connect them to Olympus. He waited for the others. All except Luke came, who was taking a long time to pack. Worried, he went to his room to see him curled up on the floor and sobbing his heart out.

"Luke?", Percy asked softly. The sobbing stopped. "Come in.", he croaked.

"Luke? Why were you crying? Tell me. I am your friend.", Percy asked softly and hugged Luke, who sobbed on his shoulder.

"Percy. I am scared. I am scared to return. I died a traitor to them."

"NO LUKE! I have told you a hundred times and I can say it a thousand times again. You died a hero. If anyone says otherwise, they will have to answer me.", Percy said firmly.

"I am still worried.", Luke exclaimed.

"And it is normal. You will not know until you meet them again. Chaos knows our predicament. He said it is our wish to reveal ourselves. Come. They need us. My father needs me. Your father needs you too. If not for the camp, if not for Olympus, at least for the ones we still love.", Percy soothed Luke.

"Yeah. You are right. For the ones we love." Luke said and packed his belongings in a small duffel bag. It was enchanted to accommodate anything.

"Chaos. Wish us luck.", Percy said as the warriors of the Chaos Army entered the portal, and reached Olympus.

And as expected, there was bickering and chaos. They did not change at all. But there seemed to be a sense of unease within the gods. They were scared or tensed about something. We waited until Hestia spotted us. She smiled at us from the hearth. We also realized that it is the winter solstice, for Hades was also present.

"Brother. We have guests.", Hestia said warmly before pointing toward us. All gods looked at us with intrigue.

"Who dares to intrude on the secret meeting of the Olympians?", Zeus thundered. Typical Zeus. Percy just rolled his eyes. They could not see their face because of their hoods. Only fellow Chaos Army members can see them through the hood. And the hood cannot be pulled down completely unless one wants a shock for their life.

"Well! It seems that we are unwanted. O Well! We thought of helping you. Tough luck.", Luke said with fake sympathy.

"You came here to help?", Athena asked at the same time Zeus bellowed, "We do not need your help."

"But your current situation indicates otherwise.", Silena pointed out. Many gods shifted uncomfortably from their seats. They did realize that their situation was dire.

"So. What is the current situation.", Luke asked. Athena sighed before explaining the situation.

"We are attacked on two fronts from two primordials, Ouranos and Tartarus. We were never ready for the attack. And unfortunately, we were caught off guard.", Athena said in a sad tone, which surprised Percy.

"And how so?", he asked.

"Five years ago, we killed the greatest demigod to ever live, Perseus Jackson on grounds of murder and espionage. Also, he hurt my daughter.", Athena muttered the last part. Percy stiffened in anger but controlled it.

"He was the one who helped extensively in the Giant war. We lost a valuable Asset. And now, my daughter is missing. She was on a solo quest and she has not returned yet. Without her, we are missing a great strategist who has a lot of war experience.", Athena explained.