Chapter Thirty Seven: It's Personal

Začít od začátku

I blinked repeatedly as Charle stepped into view.

"To think that I was on your team, fighting for you to get back with Marcelle. You don't love him anymore. Did you ever love him Rei? Renée was right about you!"

"And what was that wench right about?"

"That you are a cold hearted bitch. That you are too far gone for salvation and we should just let you burn in your fire."

"Of course she says all that. She has everything. She doesn't need to fight for anything."

"Reina stop what you're doing!"

"What I do is none of your business! Piss off!"

"That power hungry attitude almost got Laila killed!" She shoved me. "You ruined that family's life! You ruined her life! And you stand here saying it's none of our business?"

"Get out Charle. I think that both of you have overstayed your welcome.

I marched to the door and opened it.

Rafa walked out first. Charle lingered. "You know something Rei, maybe you'll get what you want. Maybe you will be powerful. But you will be alone. There will be no one to share that with. There are things that are far more-"

I slammed the door in her face.

I don't care about anything they have to say.

I know what I'm doing and they should all piss off. I don't need them! I don't need anyone!

Marcelle's POV
When Aidan Bellingerre invited me to the BC race track in London, I was hesitant to honor his invitation. The reason for my hesitance is because of this exact moment when he tells Reli, Ethan, Rocco, Miki and Matt that I'm not getting laid. Trust Aidan to put it all out there and to thrive on controversial subjects.

We have had a great day, driving Formula one race cars around the BC race track in London. It is a good change from the shit storm that has been the last couple of days. Sherry and El are going through some problems. We hope for the best.

"No guys stop laughing. He's just being a gentleman." Miki defended me but they are seriously laughing at me. I'm even laughing at myself at this point. With these guys there's no room for privacy or personal feelings. "Right Reli?"

I can always count on him to understand. He's a far better gentleman than I am. Ethan takes first place of course.

"No. It has absolutely nothing..." they all laughed even harder at my shock over his response. I thought he would back me up! "...it has nothing to do with you being a gentleman. Simply put, that little girl has you by the balls and you are letting her get away with it! Aidan, weigh in! No! Not you. He will think you're being brutal. Ethan, weigh in."

All eyes turned to Ethan.

"I think that is great that you're patient. I'm an advocate for waiting till marriage but I also know that you two have crossed some lines... our wives openly gossip about it... and with everything you're giving her, she should give into you already."

"My point exactly!" Aidan announced. "You took her from nothing to something. You spoil her rotten and by holding out-"

"It looks like she's using you." Matt chipped in. "I'm not saying she is but with all this information, I feel that way and it's starting to piss me off."

"She has principles." I defended Vee.

"Nah." Reli shook her head. "That's not it. If it was about principles, she wouldn't be sleeping with you in your bed. Something is holding her back. I think if she loves you, then the next step is a demonstration of that love. So what is happening?"

"Trust issues?" Miki out it out there.

"She doesn't trust Marcelle?" Matt asked. "He's a standup guy. Why wouldn't she?"

"Reina." Aidan made a face. "Has she really backed off or is she working behind the scenes?"

"I won't be surprised if she is." Ethan shook his head. "I think that by now, regardless of Reina's antics, Vee should trust you  enough to meet you halfway. You're not getting younger. She's on or she's not."

"Don't ask, tell her. Give her an ultimatum." Reli suggested. "But we won't push anymore. It's up to you. Please please please don't go back to Reina. If you do... we will beat the stupidity out of you."

"I think I learned my lessons." I assured them.

"We have the track for one more hour. Who is up for one more lap?" Aidan asked.

They all left except for Rocco and Rafa.

"Gentlemen?" I studied them. "What is it?"

"You go first ese. Mine is worse." Rafa told him.

"Nope. Mine is worse." Rocco countered him.

"Rocco, what is it? You go first."

He sighed. "Don't blow your top. He played us all. I'm talking about Juan."

"What about him?"

"Juan Carlos is in the wind Marcelle. He's gone."

My heart literally jumped into my throat. For a moment I felt like my airway is closed and my nose is not doing it's job. I got on my feet at once and backed away from the table.

"Ese, you're looking pale. Breathe." Rafa reminded me.

"W-what d-do you mean g-gone?" I questioned. "Where d-did he go? W-when?"

"He took off a few days ago when we found out that Diego Fernandez is after him."

I have heard of Diego Fernandez. He's one of those bosses who don't rock the boat. They are still but lethal.

"Why would Diego Fernandez put a hit on Juanito?" I asked.

"Because Juan abducted his son in Colombia."

"So... Sherry?"

"Will be fine. She can take care of herself. I'm more concerned about Juan." Rocco continued.

"But do the families know this?" I asked him.

"Gian Carlo is playing Juan's role. He's doing it well. I'm keeping his interaction with the families minimal. I thought it's important that we don't startle the families only a few weeks into his tenure as the godfather."

I looked heavenward. That boy is gone again.

"And you Rafa? How is your news worse?"

"It's linked to Diego Fernandez and Reina."

"Where does Rei come into this?" I asked.

He paused for a moment to allow the Formula one race cars to speed past us on the track below. "Your ex is fucking Diego Fernandez. It's not just that, I think they are scheming and it is to hurt Vittoria. To hurt you. Watch your back jefe. This shit is strongly personal."