Chapter 26

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Perth's POV

The flight to Paris was a pleasant one but my mind kept on going back to Saint. I felt really guilty about leaving him at the forest edge inn. I kept wondering if he was able to make it safely back to his house. But then again I remembered that Zee had been with him at the time that I called. I felt that it was safe to assume that Zee would bring him safely back home.

The moment I landed at the airport, I looked around for someone to meet me at the arrival area. I had been told by the college coordinator that she would meet me and accompany me to my lodging place.

Sure enough, after I had picked up my suitcase from the carousel and had walked out into the arrival area I saw someone with long blonde hair holding up a placard with my name on it.

I waved to her and approached her with a smile.

She held out her hand to me saying, "Hi, I'm Denise. I am in charge of bringing you to your dorm and to show you around and give you an orientation. I will let you know what to expect from us and what we expect from you."

"Thank you," I replied. "I look forward to it."

We made small talk on the way to my dorm.

"Did you have a pleasant trip?" she asked.

I smiled and nodded. I was starting to feel tired and to experience some kind of heavy feeling that I could not understand yet.

I was starting to feel hungry.

Denise must have heard my stomach grumbling because she turned to me and said. "We will be just in time for lunch hour at the college cafeteria. You can leave your suitcase in my car and we can both have lunch before we head over to your room at the dorm."

"Thank you," I said. "I didn't eat much during my flight. I was too emotional throughout my flight."

"What kind of emotion?" she asked.

Oops, I shouldn't have mentioned that. She wouldn't be interested in listening about my personal life.

"All kinds," I said vaguely.

She seemed to understand that I was hesitant to talk about it so she did not pursue the topic.

Soon she was driving into the college premises.

She parked her car in her allotted spot and I followed her as we walked to the building that housed the cafeteria.

She introduced me to the staff behind the glass counter who served us our food.

I did not bother to ask Denise what food it was that we ate. I was too hungry to care and anyway it tasted good.

The rest of the day went in a blur.

Denise showed me around the campus and made me sign the required documents and gave me all the materials I needed to get started.

Soon it was time for her to bring me to my dorm. It was a building located within the campus.

My room was a small and simple one, meant to accommodate only one occupant.

As soon as I settled I gave Saint a call.

"I thought you would never call," was the first thing that Saint said to me when he took my call.

"Yes, I landed safely and I had a pleasant flight," I said.

"Oops, sorry," Saint said. "Let me try again. How are you and how was your trip?"

"I'm feeling miserable," I replied.

Then before I could stop myself, I added, " I miss you terribly."