Chapter 15

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Perth's POV

I suppressed the feeling of hurt and jealousy and disappointment and whatever feelings one could describe that caused the tightness in my chest at the arrival of the psychiatrist whom Saint was seeing every Friday for consultation, to see if he could find some method or technique that would drive away the intermittent bright flashes that plagued Saint and caused him so much endangerment because it was literally causing him temporary blindness every time it flared.

Throughout the drive to this place, not once did Saint mention that he was meeting with his psychiatrist here. I thought that Saint and I would have a quiet weekend retreat here, not that I was expecting to have any intimate moments with him, but the arrival of a third party, his psychiatrist no less, ruined the whole anticipated experience for me.

"Your boyfriend is waiting for you in his room a few doors away," I announced to Saint as soon as he stepped out of the bathroom, the pleasant smell of his shampoo or conditioner wafting to my nose.

"What??? What boyfriend?" Saint asked, his face looking so confused and faintly alarmed.

"Your psychiatrist," I clarified. "Isn't he your boyfriend?"

"Of course not!" Saint declared emphatically. "Please don't assume stuff that you're not sure about," he added, unable to hide the annoyance in his voice.

"I'm sorry," I said. "It's just because the way he spoke it sounded like you had an agreement to meet up here."

"I never told him to meet me here," Saint said angrily. "What is he doing here?"

"I have no idea," I replied. "He came knocking on our door and told me to tell you that he would be waiting for you in his room which is two doors away from ours. And then he walked away but suddenly came back to order me to tell you that this was not what he recommended to you, whatever he meant by 'this'. "

"If he meant this retreat in this forest area that I have planned, he can't stop me from pushing through with it," Saint declared defiantly. "He may be my psychiatrist but he has no hold over me. In fact, I plan to stop seeing him after this. His method is not working. I am confident that what I am going to do tomorrow, with your help, will do the trick and will rid me of my intermittent flashes of brightness for good."

I did not respond to the things he said. I was just his driver. Just like that psychiatrist, I had no hold over Saint much less possess the right to advise him what to do about his problem. I was just here to ensure that he remained safe throughout his travel to this place and his trip to that part of the forest that he was talking about on our way here.

Saint turned his back on me to unlatch the clasp on his mini suitcase. I wanted to tell him to dry his dripping hair but if he removed his towel that was draped around his waist, I didn't know if he was wearing anything under the towel so I kept quiet.

He lifted the mini suitcase and set it down on the bed. He sorted through the clothes inside and was starting to take out a pair of pajamas when there was a loud knock on the door.

He quickly turned around and the movement made him lose his balance. I ran just in time to catch him from falling but in doing so I happened to grab the towel that was draped around his waist.

To my horror, the towel dropped to the floor leaving Saint totally exposed in all his manly glory.

It was the sight of a fully naked Saint in my arms that greeted Zee when he opened the door and walked into the room.

"What in the name of all that is holy... !!!"  Zee yelled from the doorway.

Saint and I were too stunned  and horrified at the unexpected incident to react immediately.