Chapter 20

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

When Saint tried calling Zee a second time and his call got directed to his voicemail Saint decided to text him instead.

Hi, Zee, this is Saint. Are you at home?

Saint was starting to get worried when after almost an hour, he got no reply from Zee.

Then just when Saint thought that he should start packing and call for a taxi, his phone sounded with an incoming text notification.

I'm at the hospital right now. Is something wrong?

Nothing really. Just wondering if you could come back to the inn.

Why, have you changed your mind about spending time with me at the inn?

If you have a problem about coming back to the inn, that's fine.

No, no, no I have no problem about that. It's just it will take me some time because like I said earlier I am here at a hospital with a friend who got into a bad road accident.

Oh, in that case, no  need to come over. I will just take a taxi to bring me home.

But if you can wait a few hours, I will go there to pick you up. You don't have to check out yet, do you?

No, I actually still have until tomorrow morning to check out.

Then please stay there and wait for me. I will be there in a few hours, okay?

Saint reluctantly texted an OK into his phone screen.

Saint passed the time walking around the nearby wooded area to digest his lunch of grilled chicken with creamy satay sauce and mixed young greens salad.

Saint made sure not to walk too far away from the inn just in case he had his episode of bright flashes and needed help to be guided back to his room.

He stopped to admire some brightly colored dragon flies and some beetles with shiny blue green wings.

Thankfully, no episodes of bright flashes happened while he was doing his exploring of the wooded area and before he knew it his phone screen told him that it was close to dinner time.

He started walking back quickly towards the inn, not wanting to be caught outside in the dark. In his hurry, he did not notice a large loose stone in his path. He twisted his ankle on it and fell to the ground grimacing in pain.

"Saint!" Zee's alarmed voice reached him. "I've been looking all over for you ever since I arrived here. Your room was locked and I kept knocking on your door. The receptionist told me that you had not checked out so I did not know where to find you. It's a good thing I thought of walking down this path to see if you had decided to go exploring. You had forgotten about the time and you had forgotten about me, didn't you?"

"Not really," Saint confessed as Zee helped back to his feet.

"Are you able to put your weight on your twisted ankle?" Zee asked.

"Let me try," Saint said, trying to walk on both feet and promptly started grimacing in pain once more.

Saint's knees started to give way.

Fortunately Zee was near enough to catch Saint before Saint hit the ground.

"Let's bring you to your room," Zee said, quickly lifting Saint in his arms and carrying him back to the inn,  and into Saint's room.

"Did you want me to bring you home already this evening or did you want to wait till morning?" Zee asked as he lay Saint on the bed.

For some reason Zee's foot got caught on something in the carpet and he fell on the bed right on top of Saint.

Zee did not move right away. He wanted to stay that way for a longer time.