Chapter 19

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

"Do you feel a little better now?" Perth asked Saint when he saw Saint pushing himself up to a sitting position on the bed.

"I think so," Saint replied.

"Do you want to go to the dining area for lunch or do you want it sent to your room?" Perth asked.

"I feel strong enough to go to the dining room," Saint replied already getting out of bed and walking towards the door.

"Easy," Perth cautioned when he noticed that Saint had walked too fast and almost tripped.

The smell of delicious food greeted their noses when Perth and Saint arrived at the inn's dining area.

They approached the counter where a staff was serving assorted dishes from behind it.

Perth picked up two trays and set them on the shiny silver metal rails in front of the glass counter. He then took two plates from a stack and took two sets of utensils at the other end of the counter.

"Thank you," Saint said to Perth when Perth placed one of the trays already with a plate and a set of utensils in front of Saint.

Saint asked the food server to give him a serving of tom yum soup in a bowl. Then he handed his plate to the server and asked for a combo of steamed jasmine rice and grilled baby squids with creamy satay sauce.

"That looks really good," Perth remarked, looking at Saint's tray. "I think I'm gonna order the same."

Perth and Saint chose a corner table and soon they were eating heartily, not even bothering to make conversation because their lunch tasted so good.

Finally, when Saint was taking a sip from his tall glass of coconut juice, Perth asked him, "What time are planning to leave tomorrow morning?"

"Early," Saint replied. "Definitely before ten because that's the latest time that we have to check out."

"So what time then?" Perth asked.

"Is seven too early for you?" Saint countered.

"Seven is fine," Perth replied. "What did you want to do for the rest of the day?"

"Let's take a stroll back into the forest," Saint suggested. "The walk will aid our digestion."

"Fine with me," Perth said, already getting up from the table.

Perth and Saint were walking out of the lobby when Perth's phone sounded an incoming text notification.

"Excuse me," Perth said, stopping short of the lobby door. He took his phone out of his pocket to check the message that just came in.

"What's the matter?" Saint asked when he noticed the troubled look on Perth's face.

"I received a text from my mom saying that I need to come home right away," Perth replied. "I was sent a letter from a college in France offering me a scholarship. They want me to report to their admissions office before the end of this week."

"I'm so sorry, Saint," Perth continued. "This is my one chance in a lifetime."

"Don't worry about it," Saint said, patting Perth lightly on the back. "Go ahead and go home. I will stay here for the rest of the day and then just take a taxicab to go home."

"I feel really bad about leaving you here," Perth said, his face looking very troubled.

"I will be fine," Saint insisted. "I promise. Go pack your stuff while I talk to the receptionist to check you out."

As Saint was making his way to the reception desk, he suddenly had an idea. Maybe Zee would agree to come back and spend the rest of the day with him. Saint could tell the receptionist that Zee could take the place of Perth in their roster.

Saint took out his phone from his pocket and tapped on Zee's number. Dammit, after several rings his call went to voicemail.

Oh well, Saint thought, he could always try calling again later. And if worse came to worst, he could always call for a taxicab to bring him home.

In a few minutes Perth appeared at the lobby with his backpack.

Saint took out his wallet and handed Perth several bills.

"Oh no, no, no, I can't take any payment from you," Perth protested. "I did not finish the remainder of my duty to you so I don't deserve to get paid."

"At least take some payment for the ride you gave me coming here," Saint insisted.

"No, I absolutely refuse to do so," Perth said stubbornly. "I'm really sorry that I have to leave you like this."

Saint gave him a buddy hug.

"Very well then," Saint said. "You will keep in touch, right?"

"Of course," Perth said firmly before walking out of the inn.

Saint tried calling Zee one more time.

Shit his call went to voicemail again. What the hell was wrong with Zee.