Chapter 14

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Zee's POV

I told my receptionist not to close shop yet.

"Let's give him a few more minutes," I said to my receptionist, Pond. "Maybe he's just caught in a traffic jam."

I couldn't help wondering why Saint had not bothered to call to let me know why he was going to be late for his five p.m. consult.

When another five minutes had passed I went out to the reception area and instructed Pond to try calling Saint. Pond had all my clients' contact numbers in his system.

 Pond had all my clients' contact numbers in his system

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his name is Pond Naravit Lertratkosum. He played the role of Mork in "Fish Upon the Sky".

"Yes, doctor, I will," Pond said, already moving his cursor around his computer screen.

Then when he found Saint's contact number, he picked up the phone on his desk.

Third Person POV

"He's not taking my call," Pond informed Zee when, after several rings, his call went to Saint's voicemail.

"Very well, then," Zee said in a resigned voice. "It's time to close shop. Let's call it a day. I will see you on Monday, but if ever I need you on the weekend, could you please make yourself available? Please?"

Pond hesitated before answering. He had promised his boyfriend Phuwin to take him to the beach this weekend.

 He had promised his boyfriend Phuwin to take him to the beach this weekend

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his name is Phuwin Tangsakyuen. He played the role of Pi in "Fish Upon the Sky."

"Umm ... " Pond scratched the side of  his forehead. It was his habit of doing so whenever he didn't want to let anybody down but knew that he had to.

"It's okay," Zee said, sensing Pond's hesitation. "I might not need you on the weekend anyway."

Pond breathed a sigh of relief. He really did not want to disappoint Phuwin. Phuwin had been so looking forward to their trip to the beach.

Zee kept running back in his mind his last conversation with Saint. Saint had finally opened up to him that he had this one time affair with his first cousin Tanya, who had the same name as his classmate. Saint had disclosed to Zee that he had tried his best to forget what happened between him and his first cousin Tanya but during the field trip with his classmates in the same forest, he and his classmate Tanya had gone to that same clearing in the forest, and when Tanya reached out to kiss him and he kissed her back, all the guilt feelings that he had successfully repressed so far came rushing up into his consciousness. And that was when the intermittent bright flashes that blinded him started to happen.

"Do you think it would help if I went back to that spot in the forest and exorcise myself of those guilt feelings once and for all?" Saint had asked him.

"I'm not sure that that would help," Zee had advised Saint. "It would be a waste of your time and energy and could prove unsafe and disastrous for you."

Zee remembered how Saint did not respond to that advice. He wondered whether Saint had agreed with that advice at all.

For some reason, Zee had this strong feeling before he and Saint had parted ways, that Saint was going to go ahead anyway and do as he had told Zee he would do.

Zee feared for Saint's safety and mental stability. He felt the strong need to protect him. He tried to convince himself that it was nothing more than concern over a client.

When after dinner, he found that he could not sleep because his thoughts were constantly centered on Saint, he reached a firm decision.

While he was driving down the motorway, Zee kept asking himself why he was doing this, why he was letting himself get too involved in a client's activities after consultation hours.

"This won't do," Zee kept telling himself. He had a good mind to take the next exit and drive back home.

Against his better judgment, he kept driving in the direction of that controversial forest.

Soon he found himself turning into the narrow pathway that could only accommodate one vehicle at a time.

He parked in the small parking lot of the only inn that accommodated visitors to the forest. He knew that he needed to think of a strategy that would make the innkeeper reveal to him that Saint had checked in for the night.

The innkeeper who seemed to be busy on his laptop behind the desk looked up when Zee walked into the small lobby.

"Good evening, sir, what can I do for you?" the innkeeper asked politely.

"Oh, I am here to meet up with my friend Saint Suppapong," Zee replied. "Would you happen to have an available room for me?'

"Gimme a minute," the innkeeper said, moving the cursor around with his finger.

"The room just two doors after Saint's is vacant," he announced after less than a minute.

Zee's heart started pounding loudly in his chest. Saint was here. His intuition had served him well.

Zee knew however that what was causing his elevated heart rate was not the discovery that Saint was here in this inn as his intuition had told him, but the discovery that he had fallen irrevocably for his own client.

"This won't do. This won't do. This won't do," he kept telling himself as he made his way to his room.

On a whim, when he passed by Saint's door, he stopped and knocked on it.

Fuck, it was his driver Perth who opened the door. Why the hell did Saint have to bring that driver with him. And then Zee realized that with Saint's intermittent bright flashes, he still needed a driver companion to be with him at all times.

"He's in the shower," Perth informed Zee when Zee asked to see Saint.

"Please tell him that I will be waiting for him in my room which is just two doors away from his," I requested Perth, feeling some resentment towards his presence.

"Sure I will," Perth replied politely.

I was about to turn away when I decided to add to my message.

"Oh, and tell him that this was not what I had recommended to him," I said, quickly walking away, not giving Perth a chance to respond.