Chapter 66

—Draco POV—

He seized again.

It was in the middle of the day, this time. And when he came back to himself at St. Mungo's, they took more scans of his core. Then, Bill offered him a new bright red prototype potion he was working on.

"It's extremely high in Lycopene, and the taste's probably not half bad, too. Come back to us in one week, and we'll know then if it's working any."

Harry was more upset and bitter than he was the first time he seized, complaining that he was becoming too much of a hassle "and what about the kids, too? What if they walked in on something like that?"

Unlike the first time, where the seizure and all of its suddenness had had him sleeping from when we got home until late the next day, and with me holding him close the whole way, this time, he only rested for an hour before cooking dinner with me and setting off to do... something.

"It's nothing bad, don't worry. I just want to be able to do this on my own."

Part of me wondered, for the briefest of moments, if he'd taken notice that I've been researching again. After all, he'd very nearly caught me doing so when he came home from having his conversation with Ron.

But in my defense, he's hiding things, too. I don't know what they spoke about, or why it had Harry so distraught when he got home, despite his vehemently denying such effects.

I keep trying to ignore the unease that sits suffocating in my chest that says Harry is acting off because he knows something is wrong and is too scared to tell me.

The night after his second seizure, after dinner, we all played together with Scorpius' muggle game console, the bright lights, fun music, and colorful characters giving us all a bit of entertainment and family fun. Harry noticeably put a lot of effort into engaging with Teddy and Scorpius. At one point, he even sat with Teddy and asked him about his friend Luca, which caused Teddy to go bright red and sprout strands of orange hair before he mumbled out something about missing him and that he was doing well.

Far later, after we'd all gone to bed, Harry stayed close to me, his arms snaking around my waist and his face only a mere centimeter from mine. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, the air settling warm and peaceful around us. I brought my free arm around him as well and settled close.

"Draco,"

"Hm?"

"If you could go anywhere with me and the kids, where would we go?"

The question had caught me a bit off guard, so I didn't answer right away. I watched his eyes, almost getting lost in the sea of bright, beautiful green.

"I can't say I know for sure, but I am privy to watching stars," I finally said. "They remind me of freedom, peace, and family all at the same time."

"I'll take us someplace, then. Where we can watch the stars."

I chuckled slightly, smiling. "The backyard works just fine, you know, we've watched the stars there before."

"I know," he whispered, his hand coming up to my face. His eyes wandered tiredly as he followed his hand tracing along my neck, cheek, and temple. "I just want to do it someplace special for you."

"It'll always be special if I'm sharing the time with the people I love." I lifted my hand up to reciprocate his actions. His eyes turned to mine.

"I love you," he breathed.

"I love you, too."

We settled into a comfortable silence that spanned several moments. Soon enough, Harry's hand trailed lower until his hand was dragging up from under my shirt. He placed his palm flat on my back and, in an instant, pressed himself close to me, burying his face in the gap between my chest and my neck. He breathed deeply, and I repositioned my hand to hold his back, brows furrowing.