A rather embarrassing encounter

You know the feeling of not wanting to open your eyes in fear of everything being a dream? That's exactly how I felt. I was scared that my mind had created some bizarre dream about Hogwarts and magic. And when I open my eyes, I would be right back in my cold attic at the Dursleys.

I mean, it wasn't an unreasonable thought, I could hear Selena's loud snores, which I'd heard every day for the past three years, but there was another sound too. Someone else's quiet snores. No one ever slept in the attic with me, which meant it wasn't a dream. I was really at Hogwarts.

I excitedly opened my eyes and moved my head to the left to see Selena sprawled out on her bed, hair everywhere and sheets twisted around her body. I looked to my right to see Victoria curled up in a ball, not a hair out of place.

I knew as soon as Selena woke up, she would shriek about her hair and race to the bathroom, so I decided to wake the girls up after I finished getting dressed. It didn't take long to get ready, but brushing my hair was a nightmare. I guess I can blame that on the Potter genes. I glanced in the mirror at the uniform on my body. I couldn't believe I was actually attending Hogwarts, the place my whole family attended. I could walk the halls they did, explore the places they did, and sit in the Headmaster's office where my father sat.

I walked out of the bathroom with a smile on my face. I immediately ran to Selena's bed, landed on her, and started bouncing.

"Get off me, you, wonker," She groaned, feeling my body weight on her. I ignored her and continued to bounce on the bed. She shoved me off the bed, and I landed on the ground with a thump.

"How rude," I huffed and turned to Victoria's bed to do the same thing to her.

"Don't even think about it," She said as I neared her bed. Her eyes were still closed, but she obviously knew I was there. She opened her eyes when a thud sounded behind us. I glanced over my shoulder to see Selena on the ground, wrestling to get her blankets off. After winning the fight with the blankets, she raced to the bathroom, there was a moment of silence, and then a shrill shriek sounded through the dorm.

"My beautiful hair!" Victoria and I glanced at each other, bursting out laughing. Since Selena was taking forever, Victoria decided to change in the room. I quickly averted my eyes when she took her shirt off.

The thing that caught my eye was she didn't have any scars. I wondered what it would be like not to have scars littering your back, a life without pain and fear, but I didn't think I'd be getting that anytime soon. I had a bad feeling that my time at Hogwarts would be far from ordinary, which usually meant danger, at least when I'm involved. I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind. I wanted to enjoy my time at Hogwarts, even if that meant ignoring the nagging in the back of my mind.

"You guys ready?" I asked when they were both ready.

"I think the real question is the Girl-who-lived who was sorted into Slytherin ready?" Victoria asked. I rolled my eyes. I don't think anyone could be ready for the judgemental stares of their classmates.

"How bad can it be?" I said, shrugging my shoulders.

The answer was bad. People stared at me as we exited the common room and whispered. Some even had the audacity to point at me and wrinkle their noses. I felt like some exotic zoo animal people came to gawk at. It was rather annoying.

"Chin up, ladies. All eyes are on us," Victoria said, strutting down the hallway with confidence levels through the roof. Selena and I glanced at each other before squaring our shoulders and painting a smirk on our faces as we followed after Victoria.

We walked through the Great Hall, some people turned to us and continued staring, but we ignored them. There weren't very many seats left at the Slytherin table except by Daphne, Blaise, and Lestrange. Selena and Victoria sat down, and the only remaining seat was next to Lestrange. He smirked as I sat down, making me roll my eyes and turn away.