The Sorting Hat

The train ride to Hogwarts was full of jokes and giggles as we all got to know each other. I was glad Victoria didn't ask about my scar or anything related to the night my parents died, even though I could tell she wanted to. Thankfully, she didn't mention Harry either.

The train stopped with a jolt, making my head slam into the wall. I groaned. Why was I the one that always got hurt?

We had already changed into our uniform but not before Victoria expressed her opinion about how ugly and bland they looked. I didn't think they looked that bad, but then again, I've only ever had Dudley's hand-me-downs, but I did agree they needed some color. Hopefully, they looked better when they changed to our Hogwarts house color.

As I stepped out of the compartment, it hit me that I would see Harry for the first time since leaving him alone at the Dursley's. I didn't know how he would react to finding out I had magic too, but he couldn't hate me more than he already did. I doubted the Dursleys messed with him since he got his acceptance letter. They were probably too scared to be in the same room as him.

Outside the train, there were kids everywhere, but the older students seemed to be herding the first years to the boats where a tall man with a scruffy beard stood.

"First years over here!" He yelled, waving a lantern through the air. I vaguely remembered him from when I was a baby. He had delivered me to the Dursleys. That memory immediately made me not trust him. I glanced at Victoria and Selena, unsure if I wanted to walk over near him or hide in the shadows where he couldn't spot me. Selena had other ideas and pushed me forward.

"Hey, guys! Wait up," Two voices shouted behind us. We turned to see Fred and George pushing their way through the crowd. They were wearing brand new red and gold robes.

"We just wanted to wish you good luck and tell you we still want to be friends even if you get in Slytherin. Ophelia, we also wanted to apologize about our mother's behavior earlier," George said. Fred nodded, agreeing with what his brother said. I reassured them that their mother's words didn't affect me. They hugged us and told us they had to get to the carriages. Before they could get very far, I called out to them.

"Fred! George," I yelled, gaining their attention.

"Nice robes," I said, smirking. Their jaw dropped before grinning at me.

"That was you?" They questioned. I just laughed in response and ran off to find Selena and Victoria. They were already in a boat, saving me a spot. As soon as I got in the boat, it lurched forward.

As the boats floated across the lake, Hogwarts came into view. Gasps were heard around the lake, including mine. It was indeed a magical sight. I laughed at the sudden thought. I was actually going to a school for wizards and witches. I would walk the very halls my parents did, where they fell in love.

We arrived at the docks where a tall, elderly woman was waiting for us. She waited until everyone was out of the boats before leading us to the giant castle doors, pushing them open. The walk was silent; everyone was too nervous to speak.

We followed the woman through a corridor lined with torches and marble staircases that led to other places in the castle. I assumed Hogwarts didn't have electricity.

She stopped us in front of large wooden doors, and we could hear the excited chatter of students behind them. The woman turned to us with a tight smile, looking at all her new students.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," The woman announced, "I'm Professor McGonagall, head of Gryffindor. The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is an important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your dormitory, and spend your free time in your common room.