30

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 30

The next morning khadijah decide to let what happened the previous night slip off, the last thing she want is start her marriage life with a quarrel,
She wake up very early and do the necessary things she can,
She cooked breakfast and wait for Abubakar, once it's 11am and abubakar hasn't come out of his bedroom she decide to check on him,
She briskly head upstairs and begin with the bedroom opposite of hers, it's empty, she check the remaining 2bedroom and Abu isn't there, she decide to call him,
She head back to her bedroom and  grab her phone, suprise to see a text message from him.

"Don't bother about making anything,
I have a busy day."

She read the message in disbelief and throw the phone on her bed, so Abu left without even notifying her,
Why is he acting that way with her?
Could it be that he found out about she and sadiq?
But how is that even possible she do know very well sadiq wouldn't do such thing, she sigh and stare at her reflection in the mirror.

She's been excited to spend the rest of her life with Abu then why is this now happening?
Why is abubakar slipping away from her after all they've been through.

Nanah spend the day alone in the house, evening comes by and she wait for Abubakar but he didn't show up it's until around 10pm that he message her that he had something important to catch up with so he took the next flight to Lagos.

********************
Abubakar POV

It's been 4days since my wedding, I left for Lagos state the next day, i know i shouldn't be doing this because it won't change a single thing,
I'm running away from my own problem, I should just say it to my wife rather than running away but how can i even look her in the eyes and say that?

Throughout my flight back home i feel so suffocated, how will i face Nanah,
Even do she calls me everyday and act as do she's not hurting i know she's hurting, as the familiar house come into view my heart sink, the thought of going in there and face Nanah again makes me tired and exhausted with everything going on in my life.

I  pay the taxi driver and come down from the car with my suitcase, I didn't even get to knock the gate it open and the gate man greet me making me to nod as i decline his offer to help me with the suitcase.

As i walk to the front porch my mind drift to the last message Nanah send to me two days ago.

"Abu am i always going to wait for you forever?' she ask in the long text message she sent to me confessing about how unhappy she's been since after the wedding, I turn the door handle and the door is lock making me to release a deep calming breathe and press the doorbell.

It's not even up to 10seconds the door open revealing my wife, she's wearing a black denim pencil trouser and a white T-shirt with "I love to cuddle" written on it.

"Ohhh,
Welcome."she say suprise to see me and collect the suitcase from my hand with a smile, it's not her usual charming, this is an empty smile, it's almost as do it forces it way on her lips.

I walk inside and close the door behind us with a sigh, Nanah head upstairs, it's as if she's trying to avoid me at all cost which i understand why She's acting the way she's doing.