Time Passes

The pair had fun on their date and continued to go on many more. After a few more weeks of going on dates, Rosinante finally made it official. (Y/n) was more than happy about it.

Eventually, the pair ended up moving in together, and one thing led to another, and now she was at his parents' house explaining it to his mom while the men were at work.

"Miss... you're gonna be a grandma. " She blurted out as soon as she sat down. It was followed by the sound of a pan hitting the floor and a joyful hollar.

"I'm gonna be a grandma!" She cheered, waiting to clean the food splatters on the cabinets. "Oh, I'm so happy! Have you told Rosie yet?!" She asked, ready to plan everything.

"Not yet... I'm just not sure how to..." She sighed, putting her head in her hand. "He's been working really hard lately...." She frowned, unsure of everything going on.

"Oh dear, I'm absolutely sure he will be thrilled! He has a big heart, after all."  She replied genuinely.

"But he's like  a worn-out emaciated old horse!" The younger woman argued, crossing her arms.

"Well, worst case scenario, he sucks it up!" His mom smiled, coming over to touch her daughter-in-laws belly.

"How far along?" She questioned but quickly jumped back at the sound of the door opening.

"You look tired..." the older woman called towards her husband. "I am..." He replied dryly.

"What's that smell?" Ge asked, taking off his coat. His wife's eyes widened as she spun around and pulled the other pan off of the burner.

"Rosinante told me to tell you he would be a little later today, but he has all week off next week." Sengoku stated.

"You're gonna be a grandpa!" His wife yelled towards him, but she only earned a few blinks in response.

"Yeah, goodnight to you too..." He quickly closed his door and didn't come out.

(Y/n) turned back towards his wife, "Well, that was -"

"A grandpa!?" He yelled loudly, wanting a response. "I'm gonna be a grandpa!?" He asked again, only earning a swift nod.

"Im... old..." He stated sadly, holding himself up against the wall.

Both the women just laughed and shook their heads. The sight was pretty funny.

"Yeah, and don't tell Rosie!" His wife scolded him sternly. "He doesn't know!" She stated, pointing her finger at him.

"Okay... I won't. " He pouted. "Oh yeah, I got a pet goat." He smiled before closing the door.

"And congratulations!" He yelled through the closed door. "BAAHHH" followed his statement.

"Well, I'll tell him when he gets home then?" (Y/n) asked as she cleaned the food from the cabinets.

"Wait... did he say a goat...?" Sengokus wife asked as she stormed off into the room.

(Y/n) took this as he signed to leave the two inlaws alone.

Maybe she would wait until next week to tell him when he was off of work.

She did the dishes and cleaned the house before making dinner for herself and Rosinante.

He came home shortly after with dark circles under his eyes. "You didn't have to wait up for me." He smiled great fully as he sat down at the table. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled back, waiting for him to finish his food so she could do the dishes and go to bed.

Once he was done, that's what she did. "Goodnight. I'll be in shortly. " She kissed him before walking towards the sink.

"How did I get so lucky?" She heard him ask himself as he walked towards their shared room.

She just shook her head with a smile while continuing to clean up the dinner mess before joining him in their shared bed.

"What do you think about having kids one day?" She asked him out of the blue. She was just giving herself away.

"I don't think I want kids..." He sighed sadly. "My brother and I ended up orphaned, and I'm terrified of something like that happening to my own kin." He stated in a vulnerable state.

"Yeah, sure, I found Sengoku, but that doesn't mean every kid will be as well off as I was." He continued to pour his heart out while hus fingers gently brushed against his girlfriends stomach.

"Why? Do you want kids?" He asked curiously. He was dying to know the reason for her curiously.

"Maybe we should talk about this later..." She added, trying to get comfortable, but he quickly pushed her on her back.

"Are you trying to hide something from me?" He sounded hurt. "Just because I don't want kids doesn't mean I would love them any less, I'm just scared, okay?"

"I'm pregnant. " He imidately tensed up at her words.

Not a word was exchanged as her words floated in the air. Neither wanted to break the heavy silence.

"I don't know what to say..." He said stunned. "Do my parents know?" He asked hastily.

"They do. And they are very happy." She stated, hoping to see his reaction.

"I'm not upset... I just don't know what I feel... I'm happy? But scared." He stated sadly. He brushed the hair from his fourhead.

"Are we even ready to be parents?" He asked, sitting up. "What if our kid hates us?" He asked more to himself.

"We'll never know until the time comes." She stated, sitting up beside him and rubbing circles on his back in a comforting manor.

"I think I just need a moment to comprehend everything..."

.
.
.

Sleep well! Don't forget your medications! Make sure you've had a glass of water and eaten!