Adam smirked at my words, his eyes slowly raking over my body, and I wasn't too pleased when I had to repress a shiver.

"Just talk," I reconfirmed with raised eyebrows, pulling a chuckle from his lips, but I found myself smiling anyway, I couldn't hold it back.

"Maybe we could go for a walk?" I suggested, the only reason we made it out of that bedroom earlier was because everyone was waiting for us, we wouldn't have that this time, so the thought of being in there alone with him now was worrying.

"Sure, this way." Adam led me out of the building, we followed a trail into the woods, neither of us speaking as we stepped into the trees, it was already dark out, leaving an eerie feel to the place, but it didn't bother me.

We kept walking for a while in silence, taking in the nature around us as the cool night breeze helped to relax me.

"It's beautiful out here," I commented, my eyes scanning over the tall trees, leaves of all different colours, the dirt paths and multicoloured flowers, the moon slowly beginning to cascade over us, illuminating the forest in its beauty.

"Hmm, it is. What is Galtolga like?" He asked, I could hear the curiosity in his voice, and for some reason, hearing him say the name of my world made me happy.

"Over the years I've come to realise it looks straight out of a fantasy book, I think you'd like it, the skies hold colours of oranges, reds and purples, the nature spreads out for miles, grassy lands with beautiful flowers of every species, tall buildings of different colours reach high into the sky, and then of course, we have the castle."

"I suppose that's where you're situated?" Adam smirked teasingly, his eyes pointing towards me as we walked, his arms swinging by his sides.

"Indeed...that's where all the good stuff happens," I winked, quickening my footsteps.

Adam laughed, now behind me, he quickly caught up, a smile sitting happily on his face.

"So who are Adrian and Cameron to you? I'm impressed at their reflexes," he stumbled over the last word, his eyes sparkling suddenly, as if an idea had popped into his head, but he didn't say more as he awaited my answer.

"Adrian likes to call himself my right-hand man, he is my best knight, before Cameron came along it was just him that worked so closely with me, he's kind of like my beta, and Cameron is a soldier, he was specifically born into that role, soldiers are very rare, and until Cameron showed up, it was believed they had been wiped out," I explained, "they're also my best friends," I smiled.

"Showed up?" He asked, confused.

"I'm afraid that's Cameron's story to tell, not mine." He nodded in understanding, before the twinkle from earlier came back into his eyes.

"So...Kaden," I supressed a shiver at the way he said my name, my eyes lingering on him with curiosity. "How about a race?" He suggested, the smile on his face wider than before.

"You want to race me?" I asked in disbelief, he shrugged in innocence.

"Can't blame me for being curious about my mate, I want to know what you can do," he smirked, the confident air surrounded him, challenging me.

"You know, it's never wise to challenge a King," I teased, watching the smile on his face only grow wider.

"Is that so?" His eyes sparkled, reeling me in.

I couldn't help but smile as we held each other's gaze for just a bit longer, before the both of us sprinted off into the woods.

It was easy enough to put some distance between us, and the wind rushing through my hair felt freeing, a heavy weight was lifted from me as I felt like I was flying, again I felt light.