Chapter 28

The next race weekend was decent and without any accidents. At least, accidents involving Marylinde. Pierre had spun off and stalled the engine during the race and Yuki had managed to crash the car. Yet again.

But somehow it didn't make people look at all her crashes with Yuki differently. It hadn't mattered, however. Things seemed to be looking upward with a qualifying result just outside the top ten and a finish in ninth place. Marylinde was happy with the result and extra happy when Callum scored his first points and Mick his first big haul in fifth.

But even a good weekend would have to come to an end and Marylinde was thrown right back into reality. The reality in which she and Pierre had broken up in an awful way, still wasn't talking and her relationship with her teammate was non-existent.

And that reality hit hard when Marylinde arrived at the scene of the photoshoot they would be having. 'They' being Max, Pierre, Yuki and Marylinde as Red Bull's and Alpha Tauri's drivers. They would be shouting with Alpha Tauri clothing for the upcoming line of clothing.

Marylinde had been ignoring the fact it was drawing nearer. She had been looking forward to it when she and Pierre were still together. Even if it would be an Alpha Tauri shoot, they would get to do it together. Something which didn't happen often in their professional setting.

Now it was a burden to do together.

"We want to do a couple of photos with multiple of you as well. Marylinde, Pierre can you please stand here?" Marylinde's eyes immediately shot to Ping who had come with her for moral support. She slowly shook her head.

"How about Max?" Ping asked, in an attempt to convince the photographer to separate the two of them.

"The audience is used to the visual of Pierre and Marylinde together, and from what I have seen, they like it." Pierre just stood silently on the side. He was just as hesitant as Marylinde when they walked to the designated spot in front of the camera.

"Where do you want us?"

"Pierre, if you could place your arm on Marylinde's shoulder like you are leaning on her." Marylinde's jaw clenched. Leaned on her. He never did that. He didn't trust her enough to lean on her.

"Are you sure I won't let you fall?" She asked bitterly. She stood there, arms crossed.

"Smile Marylinde." Marylinde forced a smile on her face as Pierre placed his arm on her shoulder, leaning on her slightly.

"I should let you fall." She hissed between her teeth. "Maybe you'd understand how I felt."

"Right." The photographer looked at the photos. "Perhaps this was not the best idea." The photo's felt forced and the smiles were in no way genuine. It felt awkward and couldn't be used for promotional purposes. "Max, can you step in for Pierre."

The whole shoot remained awkward. Only when everyone was pulled apart for some solo photos, things got better.

"This was hell." Marylinde groaned loudly as she sat down in the dressing room. She and Peter were going to train in half an hour and Marylinde just wanted some time alone with Ping.

"It seemed like it." Ping sat down beside Marylinde. "You know what could have helped?" Marylinde frowned and looked at her PR. "If you and Yuki would have talked things out."

"Talked what out? The fact he keeps blaming me for everything even when he drives into me?" Marylinde huffed. "That is all on him."

"Stop being so stubborn. Can't you see that the only one being affected by it all is you? The fans are mostly gathering behind Yuki, only those who have been a fan of you since the lower formula series are behind you and let me tell you, they are outnumbered." Marylinde bit the inside of her cheek. "Things need to be better or there will be consequences."