Chapter 15

Marylinde walked into the lobby of her own hotel the next morning, this time, there was someone there to help her out. She quickly told the receptionist what had happened the night before and she quickly got someone to help her out.

"We are so sorry, I hope it wasn't too big of an inconvenience?" Marylinde very much wanted to say yes, but her night with Mick and Max did her very well. She needed a night like that, especially after all that had happened.

"No, it wasn't, I could stay the night with someone else." The problems with Marylinde's card were quickly resolved and just in time for Marylinde to pack all her belongings before she would have to head to the track for an emergency meeting after which she would immediately leave for her flight to England.

When she was done, Marylinde headed back down to the lobby, she was going to walk to the track and would catch a ride back.

"Mary!" Marylinde turned around, Pierre came jogging over from the left just as she was about to turn right towards the track. She quickly looked over her shoulder, she could always sprint back in.

Then again, Pierre had already seen her and she couldn't run away from it all forever.

"Hi, Pierre." It barely came out in a whisper as Pierre stopped in front of her. She cleared her throat. "I was going to walk to the track."

"I'll join you." They walked in the general direction of the track, side by side but with a significant gap between them. "We need to talk," Pierre said after five minutes of silence. "I don't want all of this."

"Neither do I," Marylinde said, for the first time looking Pierre in the eye. They looked both in front of them again, once again in silence. "I am sorry for calling you a hypocrite." Marylinde was the first one to speak up again, apologising for the rude words she had used to try and express herself.

"I am sorry I made you feel like I was. I'm not, I just..." Pierre sighed. "I have been struggling with myself and finding my place at Red Bull." Marylinde softly huffed.

"Did you really think I could not see that? I'm not blind, Pierre." Pierre nodded. "Do you want to talk about it?" Marylinde looked hopeful up at him. Pierre drew a large breath.

"Let's not do this now Mary..." He whispered. "I don't even know what exactly is troubling me, I just feel anxious all of the time. That's all I can really tell you." Marylinde nodded.

"That is okay." She stepped closer to him. "Just please tell me when you do know what is troubling you. You have helped me so much last year." She started tearing up. "I just really want to be able to do the same for you." She grabbed his arm and made him stop so she could look at him. "Please let me do the safe for you." Pierre smiled and nodded.

"I'll do my best." He whispered as he pulled her against his chest. It had been a while since hugging Pierre had felt that uncomplicated and relaxing. It helped soothe the final nerves of the weekend, which Marylinde was still holding on to.

"I love you." She looked up at a now broadly smiling Pierre.

"I love you too." He leaned down, pecking her lips. They did not care they stood in the middle of the sidewalk, they were just happy to be close to each other again.

With their hands clasped together, they walked the final part to the track in silence again. They didn't need words at the time. They didn't have the words at the time as well. They did not want to waste time with small talk. They wanted to soak up every minute they were together, without a fight pushing them apart, without unspoken words for the time being.

Arriving at the track, Marylinde headed to Alpha Tauri, leaving Pierre behind at Red Bull. He had not planned to spend the morning at the track but if it meant he and Marylinde were good again, he would do just about anything.