A tear escaping my eye to which she used her cold long fingers to wipe them away mockingly, "Go home, Rue. Back to that England town. I don't care if it's on the streets or in foster care. Leave. My. Boys. Alone."

Ralph closed his eyes. Internally processing what his mother had just said about him and his father.

He composed himself, calmly coming up towards us, Vivianne noticing her son, immediately dropping her hand from my face.

And with a fake sweet smile her face lit up in fake happiness, "Ralph! I was just introducing myself—"

Ralph interrupted her, "Leave."

Her smile faltered, and with a forced smile she muttered, "What?"

Just like his mothers eyes were to me, he gave her a coldest glare, worst then the one he had given me, "Leave, Vivianne."

I gulped, as her nails were removed from my wrist, I pulled my arm to myself as Ralph came towards my left, wrapping a protective arm across my shoulders, I flinched, but relaxed once I realised. He's not going to hurt me.

"Don't come back here, ever. Leave." He watched as she stepped back, lifting her chin high, she scoffed turning on her heels and heading away.

Ralph was tense, watching her venture in the crowd, he pulled his phone out of his pocket, sending a quick message to Giovanni I assumed, before muttering about how useless these guards are.

Once we could no longer see her, he guided me away from the town square, we went past the flower sculptures towards a street to there a single water fountain presented itself surrounded by benches and street lamps, the houses circled round, the rural structure curving around the fountain.  The music slowly faded in the background along with peoples laughter. We sat at the closest bench.

I immediately sobbed into my hands. My eyeliner beginning to slightly run down the side of my eyes. I wiped them carefully trying to make sure not to ruin my look any further. I wasn't a huge makeup fan anyway, but I wanted to make an impression.

Ralph seemed unsure of what to do.  His face didn't have any glare, any hatred. He looked lost. Sad.

He pulled me into a hug.

His shoulders began to shake, the coolness from earlier disappeared.

Slowly, he began to cry.

A vibrate from his pocket made him slowly pull away, he checked his phone.

With a shaky breath he explained, "It was Vanni, he's dealing with Vivienne personally, but wants to know if you're okay. He knows you're with me, but I think he'll send Arlo or Bruno to us." He whispered, pulling his arm to his phone as he began texting.

Slightly exhausted, I tilted my head, resting my cheek on his shoulder, he tensed pausing his typing as the corner of his eyes he stared at me before relaxing slightly, continuing typing. Once he sent the text, he placed it back into his pocket.

He stared at the floor, catching my wrist in his eyesight, "I'm sorry."

I blinked. Wait what?

Did the Ralph Fiore... just ... apologise?

My eyes widened as I sat up, turning to his head that hung as he played with his fingers,