Off with her head

Alexander stared at the picture he had left of the king with Aidan alongside him. He couldn't help but wonder about so many things. Had the king suspected something all along? Is that why he never showed him any love? Is that why he didn't want him to be king? Alexander's thoughts were interrupted as Allyson rushed in. 

" Queen Amelia expects you in the great hall"

"Yeah ill be there" Alexander brushed off 

" Like now" Allyson added 

Alexander sighed, took his little sister's hand, and made his way over. Once he arrived Queen amelia, Queen Anastasia, Queen Zoe, and Aidan were waiting for him.

" We are still awaiting your first proclamation as king" Queen Amelia rushed 

" I haven't chosen yet. I don't know" 

" What did I tell you? Quit saying I don't know everything" Queen Amelia threatened  

Alexander exhaled sharply, his limits were being pushed " Actually, now that I think about it. I do know what my first official proclamation will be. I need you to set everything up for tonight. I want everyone to hear what I have to say. No mistakes" He spoke coldly 

A smile formed on queen Amelia's face.  

Once they all left it was just Alexander and Zoe sitting in silence. 

" So what's your proclamation going to be?" She questioned 

" It doesn't concern you" Alexander snapped 

" Well I think it does, I am queen after all. We should be equals"

" We will never be equals. I am king! You are simply a wife whom I was forced to have" Alexander shouted as he stormed out. 

Once Alexander made it out he felt incredibly guilty, he didn't mean to take his anger out on her. He was just stressed with everything going on. 

Zoe sat alone, holding back embarrassment as she was just shouted at. She remembered what she was here for. Her family. She didn't want to marry, especially not Alexander. She married because she had to. If it was up to her she would still be with her beloved Matteo who was a common boy who worked on a farm. She would sneak out of the castle to visit him behind everyone's back. 

Brooke sat alone in her room which felt more like a cell. As it had literal bars surrounding her windows. She had a roommate, Taylor. Another princess. Lesser known and powerful. Her kingdom was on the verge of falling. Brooke was forced to wear the biggest dresses, and diamond heels and have her hair done with a tiara. They had to perform tasks such as dancing, walking up and down stairs while having books on their heads, eat with etiquette. It was all a waste of time. 

While the dancing portion she had noticed Jacob being particularly close to Taylor. He would seem so happy to be dancing with her. On one of the spin moves where they would switch partners, broke found a way to make it to Jacob. 

" What do you think you're doing?" Brooke whispered 

" Dancing?" 

" Not that. What is going on with Taylor?"

" I don't know" He shrugged " I just sort of like her" he confessed 

" You can't! We are supposed to be finding a way out not falling in love."

" That's what you want" 

" It should be what you want too! Unless you wanna be stuck here for the next two years" Brooke whispered shouted 

" I don't but still, I can like someone while I'm here" 

" Why her? "

" You can't tell me who I can or can't like!" Jacob whisper shouted back as he switched dance partners back to Taylor

Brooke frowned angrily and walked away. 

Alexander put on his best attire and polished his crown and his shoes. He walked back into the great hall as everyone in the kingdom waited, commons folk, workers, and anyone who wanted to join. 

He sat on his throne beside Zoe who was looking at her family for a while. 

" I want to start by saying that at first I had no idea what my first proclamation would be but my mother Queen Amelia made it very simple for me these past few days" 

Queen Amelia smirked proudly as she began to wave her hand around for people to notice her. 

" My first official proclamation goes to her. Queen Amelia. If you would be so kind to stand in the middle " Alexander asked with a smile on his face. 

Queen Amelia did just that. 

" I have decided that Queen Amelia, should be jailed!" Alexander said sternly as his smile faded 

Queen Amelia's smile also faded " what!" She shouted 

" This woman right here" Alexander pointed " She tried poisoning prince Aidan" " Guards arrest her" 

Queen Amelia ran to Alexander's feet and kneeled. She pleaded " Please I can not be jailed. I did this all for us. I positioned Queen Anastasia to ensure you were the heir to the throne" She blurted

Everything became silent. Alexander stood up as the guards grabbed her 

" Off with her head!" Alexander shouted as he left the room.

Zoe stood in shock. Everyone was in shock. Queen Anastasia felt sick, knowing the true reason she couldn't have kids. All those years of blaming herself...