Poison

Finally, Brooke had all of her things packed. She sighed as she made it downstairs where Queen Amelia had the biggest smile of her life. 

She and Jacob were sent off to the carriage. 

Alexander rushed over to her " Im sorry" 

Brooke ignored him and sat in her seat. Alexander sighed and backed away as the carriage was sent off. 

" Well, now that she will be gone for a while we can get back to normal!" Queen Amelia cheered 

They all made it back into the castle with Queen Amelia following Alexander to the great hall. 

" Alexander, now when will the heir be conceived" 

" What?" 

" You just married. It's time for you to give us the new heir to the throne" 

" Isn't it a little too soon? Im only 16" 

" Well, you never know what could happen. You could die tomorrow and who will take your place?" 

Alexander made a face. 

Back in the Carriage Brooke and Jacob sat in silence before Jacob spoke 

" This is your fault" 

" My fault?" 

" Yes you made me do this"

" I didn't make you. I just asked you" she argued 

Jacob rolled his eyes as they finally got to the boarding school. It looked old and creepy. There were bars surrounding the entire school. Brooke felt chills down her back as she stepped out of the carriage and looked at Jacob who was petrified. 

Aidan ran into the great hall leaving muddy tracks behind him. 

" What is the meaning of this!" Queen Amelia shouted 

" Aidan stop bringing mud in here" Alexander reminded him gently 

" Just wash it" Aidan snapped 

" You do not speak to the king that way" Queen Amelia rolled her eyes 

" Oh, whatever. He's my brother, not a king" Aidan laughed 

Queen Amelia exhaled sharply before rushing out of the room and into the kitchen. " Prepare prince Aidan his favorite dessert and bring it to me once it's done" She demanded to the cook staff 

Tom looked at her suspiciously before preparing the dessert. He sent it out to Queen Amelia's room as requested. 

Once everyone was gone Queen Amelia shut her door and pulled out the poisonous pills she had previously used on Queen Anastasia. She crushed up 7 pills and mixed them into the dessert. 7 enough to kill a full-grown adult, so she was sure id work on him. She called back Tom to give it to Aidan. 

Queen Amelia followed Tom into the great hall to where Aidan sat with Alexander. 

" I had his favorite dessert prepared in hopes he will calm down a bit" She smiled 

Tom felt something was wrong with this entire situation. From what Brooke had told him, Queen Amelia hated Aidan. Why would she want his dessert made? And why call it into her room beforehand? He had to think, quick. What would Brooke do? 

He spilled the entire dessert onto the floor before setting it down. " Oh my, that was my mistake" he lied 

Queen Amelia was visibly upset. " You good for nothing-" 

"It's alright. Just go make him another one please" Alexander cut in

Alexander got up and began cleaning up the mess himself. 

" What are you doing? That is the maid's job. You are a king!" Queen Amelia shouted 

" So? Can't a king clean up messes? "Alexander chuckled as he noticed a weird substance in the dessert. " Tom wait."

Queen Amelia was shocked that the cook even had a name. Especially that the king took the time to learn it. 

" What is this?"

" I don't know."

" Well someone put it in there"

" Before bringing it here it was left in Queen Amelia's room Tom confessed

" Well clearly he is trying to poison our little Aidan," she said innocently 

Alexander got up and rushed out of the great hall. He rushed into Queen Amelia's room and began snooping through all her belongings. Within those belongings, he found 2 suspicious things. One was a bottle of pills forbidden to purchase used to kill rats and another was a box filled to the brim with letters. He took these two things and locked himself in his room and began to read the letters. They were all to a man named " Alexander Arthur Jameson" Just like his name. He learned a lot through these letters like his mother having another man in her life but this one in specific said it all. 

To my Beloved Alexander 

Our son Alexander was just born.

 The king still believes he is his own son.

 He will be the Heir to the throne. 

He will be king.  

He looked just like you.

And another

To my beloved Alexander

Today is the day

The day of the King's last breathe

He will be gone 

It will be time for our creation to be king

Everything I have worked for is now here 

She did this.  Alexander learned two things from all of the letters. Not only was he not the king's son but his mother had killed the king. He wasn't sure what to do with all of this. Revealing he was not the king's son would get him out of being king but what would happen to his mother? But she had tried to kill his Aidan with the same pills she killed the king with.