Chapter 9

You and Namjoon walked down the street towards the bus stop in silence as you were looking over the scenery and Namjoon was looking at you.

Ever since this whole fake relationship with Jimin began he has always asked how you were and how you were feeling about everything. You told him time and time again that you were fine but were you really? The others of course believed you but they didn't know you as long as he did and he could tell something was off.

You arrived at the bus stop but it hasn't arrived yet so Namjoon decided it was time you told him the truth.

"Y/N?"

At his voice, you turned to look at him, "hm?"

"Are you sure you are okay doing all this?"

You sighed knowing he was going to ask you again eventually.

Turning away from him you opened your mouth to give him the same answer as always but Namjoon started speaking before you could.

"Tell me the truth Y/N,"

"That is the truth!" You said defensively.

You were still not looking in his direction which is what you tended to do when you were nervous or telling a lie like in this moment.

Namjoon gently grabbed and turned you around to face him.

"The truth please Y/N..."

Your eyes met his dark brown ones, a familiar feeling of comfort washing over you. This was honestly the first time you've been alone with the man ever since this whole thing started.

After big hit put out the announcement confirming your relationship with Jimin, BTS had overseas schedules so of course they were busy with preparing for that and they left soon after. Which meant today was the first time you've seen them since that day apart from Jimin who you did hang out with a couple of times before they left but it was only for publicity reasons. You did talk to him like normal but it felt more like a job than two friends hanging out especially with all the cameras around.

Finally all the emotions you tried so hard to hide resurfaced at just one look. You felt something wet roll down your face.

Thinking he was the one who made you cry somehow, Namjoon quickly started apologizing while trying to find something on his person to wipe your tears.

You shook your head and placed your hands on his shoulder to stop him from moving. Your vision was starting to blur from tears but you could see his look of concern very clearly.

"The truth is that I'm terrified," you admitted.

Bighit didn't initially reveal your face or identity. The original photo was obviously taken a distance away so your face wasn't entirely shown. They just did the standard 'we are bighit and we confirm the relationship between Park Jimin and the individual photographed' announcement not giving any details except the fabricated story that you met during Jimin's private schedules.

Other than the frenzy going on online, nothing really changed for a couple of days. You went to work and home like normal with no issues but of course you underestimated the power of ARMYs. Some smart fans figured out where you lived from just the photo and even followed you to work. At first it was only a couple of them and they generally left you alone and bought food and left like any other customer so you thought nothing of it not noticing they had taken clear photos of you.

The next thing you knew you were surrounded by crazy fans and media day in and day out. The only safe place was inside your apartment because you were lucky enough to have an apartment building that needed a key card to gain access to anywhere further than the lobby.