Chapter 136 - What Time Has Done

Start from the beginning

"Sure. Take a spot." He gestured vaguely toward a pile of dishes that still had to be washed, and Owen dutifully got to work. The water was uncomfortably cold, but as promised, he could deal with it. This wasn't as bad as drowning, after all.

And once he fell into a routine, he could finally do something that he'd been hoping to for a while. Such a menial task, not really being watched all that closely, not at risk of being surveilled, suppressed, aura checked... He could only hope the communicator he'd been given couldn't track what he was about to do.

Hello? Owen called. Other mes? Are you there?

Silence. They were too far, weren't they? But he had his power back at a little higher capacity, now. Surely that would be enough, right?

Owen glanced around. He noticed that the station one closer was just under a crystal used for illumination. He wondered...

He projected himself to the light crystal, just a fragment of his aura. It brightened and flickered, getting the attention of the nearby employees, but eventually it stabilized. They stopped paying attention.

He tried again, Hello? Other mes? Are you—

Wah! H-hello?!

Hi! Don't worry! Just me!

You sound like me!

Yes, I am you!

Wait, which you are me? No, wait, which me are you?

Uh... Cipher City.

Oh! How are you...?

I think we can use light crystals to amplify our telepathy.

Oh. Huh.

...So how are things at Null Village? Owen washed the dishes a little more, glancing around. Nobody was paying any attention to him, so it seemed he was safe to go along with this.

Well, Null Owen replied, I think everything is going alright.

Cipher Owen got several flashes of visions that nearly made him falter while washing. He saw an imposing Xerneas and several other Legends. Flashes of voices that stood out in Null Owen's memories.

But, Null Owen went on, the worst thing is probably that... er... Rhys, he's... I don't think he's gone. But, he's—

Dialga. He reunited with him... That's what happened, wasn't it?

Yeah...

It'll be alright. Cipher Owen wasn't really sure how true that was, but 'Rhys' was with Dialga. And Dialga was fine. That meant Rhys was fine, right? What are you guys focused on right now?

Well, we're about a quarter of the way to East Null Village. That's where Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf are. Oh, and Eon's coming, too, so, Jirachi's also there.

Cipher Owen's flame crackled once, earning a glance, but he smiled nervously to disarm the other employees. He had to keep his emotions in check.

Do you know about what happened to Wishkeeper? Cipher Owen asked.

Yeah. There was a graveness to his voice. Gahi and the others don't like it, either. I don't think any reunions are going to be pretty. But a lot of Legends didn't reunite when they wanted, so I think it'll work out, for now.

What do you— But then, he got an update about Giratina and Madeline, and news of Yveltal and Step. Two failed reunions, for one reason or another. So, the mortal halves were not necessarily helpless to the Legend half? Or were they just being nice?