Jealousy

Eren Kruger

As I accompanied Tamara on the journey back to her home, we were in deep silence, each immersed in its private thoughts...I've been watching her with extreme worry since we left my office...somehow I felt guilty
"Tami, concerning what occurred earlier... exposing you to such toxic atmosphere by a strange wicked woman was completely horrible and unexpected. I am sorry for that"

Tamara took leaden breath ..."Everything's fine Eren. It wasn't your fault"

"Are you certain?"

"What's make you think otherwise? I desired to be there with you"

"It's because each time we were alone since lefting the office, You were sighing deeply"

"I needed fresh air somewhere else after meeting her"

"I saw you trembling"

"So?" Tamara became irritated while she held her right arm tightly "Back there, I started to feel cold. That's all"

"Meaning you feel cold now?" I caught her shivered hand, but she looked away trying to hide her troubled face "That doesn't appear all to me"

I tried to look into her eyes, but she lowered her head and said in wobbly voice "One look from her dissipated my dreams away for a second"

"Were you afraid?"

"Yes...I was afraid after I saw burning hell reflected in her eyes. puting an act was damn frustrating, I thought the opposite. I misjudged the situation by thinking it would be so positive!"

"Calm down Tamara," I squeezed her hand "Hay look at me please!"
Tamara raised her head, making direct eye contact, tension turned her face crimson in color. It's hurt so much watching her loses smile or hope. "To become down or insecure is normal. We are human after all as well the world is cruel. I understand what you experienced because I've already exposed to it at some point," "and if it makes you feel any better, you did an impressive job"

"Do you truly mean it?"

"Why wouldn't I?,"

"If you remember, she expressed her disappointment with your choices, describing me as weak innocent girl"

Anger ignited inside of me when I recalled her hedeous words, I leaned toward Tami grabbed her both shoulders "Get rid of that nonsense! She said that only because..." Suddenly, I ran out of words after realizing the situation, my eyes widely opened, I was puzzled by possible scenarios of events which started running through my mind. I stucked there until Tamara's voice drove me back to my senses...

"Eren...You were saying?"

"Cause no one could stand steadily and calmly in front of Hilda like you did, even the soldiers, and even if she was in good mood. You might think Gross is the worst person but to Hilda he is merciful. She's one of Marley's ruthless executioners"

Tamara started to relax, but deep down she knew there's something serious behind Hilda's behavior. "Well, glad to hear I was good enough. However, Your statement is not entirely accurate"

"In which part?"

"You said no one but me. But from my point of view, it was your frightening stare that put an end to her demeaning action"

"I was ready to teach her an unforgettable lesson if she dared to go any further, but she was smart to her own good and stepped back"

"And I wanted to thank you for it. You protected me despite she outranks you in military"

"Of course I would. Her rank is shit to me"

"she might jeopardizes your mission Eren, even Gross struggled with her behavior. I suspect she will avenge"