Ackerman In Marley

Damir

Tell me again what happened?! Eren asked, his eyes filled with terror..

"She has abnormal electrical activity in her brain...I'm also unable to explain her blood test results..."

"What the hell?"

"I am very worried...she became pale and unlike her previous nature"..."I don't want to be negative, I think what we strive to prevent from the beginning, is about to happen Eren!"

Eren opened his eyes widely shocked, unable to believe my words!
"How the hell did that happened!"

"I couldn't see how! It is absolutely impossible because the terms to unlock the Ackerman power was totally absent in her case!" I said in disappointment and confusion.

"So, what trigered the process? Is there a possibility that she was in immediate danger and did not tell you?" Eren said while he held his fist tightly. I could see clearly that fear and anxiety ingrained so deep in his eyes that he was unable to hide them.

"I am not sure, but I have a theory"

"Enlight us!"

"I need first to get more facts and tests..." I spoke with calm tone.

"Stop talking about riddles, Damir...maybe her life is in grave danger, we can't wait!"

"The whole situation is risky" I stood up while my back fixed firmly, I held my fist tightly then looked directly into Eren's eyes "Listen carfully, I am very keen on my sister's safety. You are talking to her big brother not a stranger!".

My dominant tone put an end to Kruger's unusual frenzy. It Looks like Kruger started to devolope special feelings for Tami!
He stared at me deeply processing what I have just stated. Then, he returned to his calm nature and said in a stoic voice "I'm just worried about her, she doesn't belong to this cruel world. I don't want her to suffer..."

"That is why I refused her request to join the resistance!"

"But you agreed later!"

"I don't have any choice! Levanta told me she intended to join, with or without my consent. So, it better to accept the fait accompli and keep an eye on her! After all, I am the one in charge of assigning tasks and I wouldn't entrust her with dangerous or life-death situations."

I paused for a moment as I started to feel guilty. I failed to keep my sister away from this hell. I inhaled deeply then turned to Eren adding in disappointment "What I think of is just a theory that needs further investigation, but I will share it with you regardlessly"

Eren turned all his attention towards me in hope I have at least a partial explanation for what's going on.

"As you know, Ackerman power need life-threatening situation to be fully activated. I think that unknown reason awaken partially her power but it wasn't enough to ensure full power accessibility!"

"What do you mean it wasn't enought?"

"I am afraid her transformation... wasn't complete"

"Can you reverse the process?"

"I don't know Eren, I didn't deal with that situation before. I am afraid I cannot predict the health state of her body in the coming days! The awakening is very complicated biological- chemical process if it didn't happen smoothly"

Eren, to my bad luck, has the same state of mind. He put his hand above his mouth and sunk into his deep thought, experiencing the same disappointment and helplessness as me.

when I decided to tell him, I was thinking he might support me mentally to find a window! On the contrary, several minutes passed before anyone of us initiated the talk. Finally, Eren voice broke the silence: "I have a suggestion Damir"

"Be my guest" I sat down on my chair, directing all my senses towards him.

"If you hit a dead end here, send her back to Hizuru before it's too late! There, you might find definite solution!"...

"And how could we convince her? She didn't know the truth yet..."

"Entrust her with Hizuru mission related to survey..."

"And if she suspect something? althought I am positive she would!"

"You might have to reveal part of the private information regarding our deals with allies there!"

Eren's insight sounds perfect. If I managed to put Tamara in charge of dealing with allies in Hizuru, I can protect her!

"Do you suggest she should stay there?"

"At the long term, yes...If Marley discovered her existence, with all her powerful potential, she is gift on golden plate for the enemy nation! They will use her in every possible way and might force her to...."
Eren stopped talking, as if what he want to reveal will kill him from the inside upon saying "Just escort her with Yuri and try not to lose her or turning her into a damn weapon!"

"Very well! I will make a plan with you and Yuri. Peter also will be of great help!"

"I am sure you will do everything you can"

Kruger's concerns about Tami struck terror and fear in my heart. Soon I began to remember what my father told me that day...