''How could you be certain I am lying?'' Rosh countered in retort. ''Do you think I'm stupid? Neither Vincent Elbeck or Permitus Aphen are important enough for me to care. And since when did you have any relation to my business?''

Rosh leaned towards him and smiled, one as a bad sign. ''Whatever I do, it has nothing to do with you. Our partnership is as easy as one sentence, Diego. You follow or die, you don't follow and die. That's it.''

Diego's breath hitched. He had always forgotten his place. Infront of such a young appearance, he had always left the thought that he was a slave at the back of his mind.

''...I-''

''Alright, that's enough. You have nothing else to tell me, right?'' Diego nodded at his question. Rosh shrugged and waved his hand. ''Good, then I'm leaving. I'm busy.''

Rosh stood up and walked out of the room, leaving Diego looking at the door with a strange expression. 'Busy? What, busy killing for fun?' He thought sarcastically before shaking his head. It has nothing to do with him, no matter how selfish it is, he doesn't want to die. For him, it is better for other people to die than himself.

The instinct of selfishness only comes out when survival is leashed.

***

Rosh appeared from the shadows inside a large, filled room. He looked around as every corner blinded his eyes with shine.

He is inside the Razon treasury, with fortune hauled from tens of generations, now owned by the current duke, his father.

The walls and the only entrance and exit were made of pure iron for the greatest defense. Golden bars, ingots and silver, gold and bronze coins were piled and scattered on the floor. Gems, shiny stones, and jewelries weren't an exception as they filled and overflowed multiple chests, openly bragging the riches of his family.

He had left Luar to transform as another guarding knight outside for look-out.

Rosh started looking around, digging through the piles of treasures. His eyes were narrowed, not missing a single piece with his enhanced vision. He even used his blessing to try and trace that object over everything inside the room.

After hours of searching, Rosh almost flipped the treasury upside down.

It's not here! Where is it? Why couldn't he find it! Rosh punched the wall, controlling his strength, careful not to break anything.

''Where the fvck is it?'' He muttered under his breath. ''That stupid.... hm?''

With his enhanced auditory, he suddenly heard a commotion coming from the outside.

''The fvck are you saying you lowly rascal? Do you not know who I am?''

''Please leave at once.''

''I am the duchess' vassal, she has sent me to gather a few bags of gold!''

''Without a direct order from his or her graces, the duke and the duchess, nobody is allowed to enter the treasury as said to the dukedom's rules.''

''B@stard. Let me enter! I am Count June of the Oder County. A knight like you shouldn't go against me!''

''Please refrain from using your status, lord vassal. As a proud knight of the Razon duchy, I am in no obligation nor authority to break the rules as to follow your orders.''

''You insolent peasant!''

Rosh licked his lips, finding it amusing how his dear, dear Luar is so into his 'knight in shining armor' role.