12. Confession

Canada's POV:

It's been three months, and today is the day I'm confessing to her!

I stared at the bouquet of flowers for a bit, and then looked back at Finland. Finland smiled, and then nodded. "I don't think I can do it.." I say. "Come onn, of course you can!" Finland replies. "After all, she's right there!"

"If you feel more comfortable, I can come with you." Finland offers. "Sure," I answer. "Okay then, let's go!"

Ukraine was sitting on a bench by herself nearby. I went up to her with Finland, alright I better not screw this up.

"Oh hi Canada, and Finland!" Ukraine says, looking at Finland's and my direction. "Hi.." I say, already starting to feel kind of embarrassed. "Hello!" Finland replies, with a smile. "So uh, do you guys need anything?" she asks. "Well yeah.." I answer. "Oh, what is it?"

"Uh so... I uh.. uhm.." I looked at Finland for help, Finland mouths 'say it!' back to me. "Hm? You.. what?" Ukraine replies. Finland sighs, giving me a disappointed look. "He likes you, and wanted to ask if you want to be his girlfriend!" Finland finishes for me. "Yeah.. what Finland said.." I say, holding out the bouquet of sunflowers to Ukie. Ukraine looked at the flowers, and accepted them.

"OF COURSE I'LL BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" Ukie exclaims, giving me a hug. Finland smiles, and gives me a 'I told you so!' look.

"Do I smell.. ROMANCE!" Someone says from a bush, startling Ukie, Finland, and I. The person jumped out of the bush, laughing.. it was Japanii.

"Huh..?" Ukie says, looking at Japanii confused. "Where did she come from?" Finland asks. "I don't know.." I mumble. "I RECORDED EVERYTHING!" Japanii announces. "What?" I say. "I'M GOING TO SHARE IT WITH EVERYONE IN THE GROUP CHAT, AND YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT HAHAHAHA!"

Ukraine and I just looked at each other awkwardly, not knowing how to react.

"Wait!" Ukraine cries. "Isn't Russia in the group chat?"

"Uhm yeah? Why?" Japanii replies. "You didn't send the video yet.. right?" Ukraine asks. "No, I already did!" Japanii answers. Ukraine then started to run off, crying. "Ukie, wait!" I say, trying to chase after her. Finland grabs my sleeve, making me stop. "UKIE!" I call, but it's already to late, she's gone. "Maybe it's just best to let her have some alone time.." Finalnd says.

"I don't understand.." Japanii mumbles, from behind. "Why is she so sad..? Why is she so upset about Russia knowing? Russia's her brother after all."

"I don't know.." I say. "Maybe because.." Finland starts. "when I went to middle school, Russia always disliked Ukraine. I think it's after she started to become friends with America, Russia disliked that." Finland explains.

"Oh.. but why is she so upset about me sending Canada and her getting together?" Japanii asks. "I mean, Canada's not America." "Yeah, but I'm friends with America." I add. "Maybe that's why? Russia never liked America or anyone who's friends with him." Finland says.

"Oh.." Japanii looks down at the ground. "I apologize for everything.. I didn't know.." Japanii says. "It's alright, but I think you should apologize to Ukraine instead." I reply. "Yeah, your right.."

- - -

I tried to text Ukie, but she wouldn't reply..

That's until a notification pops up in my screen, it was a text from Ukie.

Ukraine: Hi
Ukraine: I'm sorry for responding late
Me: it's fine!
Me: but are you alright?
Ukraine: yeah, I'm ok
Ukraine: Can you meet me at my dorm though?
Ukraine: I need to talk to you about something
Me: Sure!
Me: I'll be right there

I turn off my phone, and put it aside for now.

- - -

"Hi Ukie!" I say. "Hey Nada.." Ukie replies. "So uhm.. what did you want to talk to me about?" I ask. "I uh.. I'm sorry for running away and all." Ukraine says. "It's okay.. you don't need to be sorry for that." I reply. "Uhm.. I'm just a little scared.." Ukraine says. "Your scared about what..?" "Russia," Ukraine says. "I'm scared of Russia, and scared for you."

"Why..? Even though Russia probably doesn't like me, he can't control your actions." I reply. "Well, I don't know.. what if he-.." Ukraine sighs. "Your right, he can't control what I do. But I'm still a little afraid, what if he does something to you?"

"What would he do to me? Maybe he'll be mad at me or something, but he wouldn't do something that bad."

"Maybe your right, I'm just worrying too much for no reason. But when I became friends with America, Russia and I.. got into a big argument. It could happen again., but with you! And it could possibly be worse, I don't know." Ukraine explains.

"..."

I just stood there silent, not exactly knowing what to say or what to do. "Anyways, I wanted to give you something." Ukraine says, breaking the awkward silence. "Wait I'll be right back," Ukraine walks away to her dorm room, and comes back with a flower crown.

"Now we can be matching!" Ukraine smiles, and I smile back. She gives me the flower crown, and I take it. "Just don't wear it in front of Russia." Ukraine warns. "He probably won't be really happy seeing you in it.." "Uh, okay." I reply.

"Bye, I'll talk to you later..?" I say. "Oh yeah, bye!" Ukie replies.

America's POV:

"So you guys saw the message from Japanii on the group chat?" Mexico asks. "Well yeah, Canada confesses to Ukraine and they get togther.. that stuff?" I reply. "Mhm," Japan says. "It was kind of obvious they had something for each other anyway." I say. "Yeah.. true," Japan replies.

"Surprisingly, Russia didn't say anything about it in the group chat. I though he'd probably be mad about it, especially considering the he was mad about Ukraine becoming friends with you." Mexico says. "I don't know, maybe he just didn't see it?" I answer. "Or he's internally mad." Japan adds. "Probably," Mexico says.

"You seem kind of off today, America." Japan states. "Anything wrong?"

"No, I'm fine." I reply. "I don't know what your talking about.."

"Japan is right," Mexico says. "you have been acting really off."

"It's just nothing, I still don't understand what you guys are talking about." I say, a little confused. Have I been acting off? What, no? Why would I be acting 'off'? "Are you sure it's just nothing?" Mexico asks. "If there's something wrong you can tell us, we can keep a secret. Well I can keep a secret." Japan says. "Hey I can keep a secret too!" Mexico cries. "Yeah, yeah sure you can." Japan replies, chuckling a little.

Japan then looks back at me, and so does Mexico. "Okay but seriously what's wrong?" Japan asks. "Nothing, I already said I'm fine!" I reply.

"Does it have to do with something about Canada? I mean you've been quite obsessed with him lately." Japan says. "Yeah.. or does it have to do with Canada and Ukraine getting together?" Mexico asks. "It's-...It's got nothing to do with that." I answer.

"You sure you don't like Canada by any chance, do you?" Mexico asks, laughing. "I like him as a friend." I reply, sighing. "You guys already know I don't like anyone, or am interested in relationships. Plus, whenever I did get into relationships anyway, I'd always loose interest in the other person."

"Yeah your right, I give up now." Japan says. "But that doesn't explain why you've been acting off today!" Mexico says. "Look, I probably just didn't get enough sleep today or something. It's not that big of a deal." I reply, not really sure if that counts as a lie or not.

Relationships and crushes suck, what's the point of even trying? I always end up loosing interest in the other person, and I feel bad after. I'll admit I kind of liked Canada at the start of the year, not that much anymore. Well whatever, congratulations to Canada for getting a girlfriend.

- - - - -

hi sorry for not updating in a while

I went on a road trip to Toronto and back (yes again) and school is starting in a few days for me.