17. love is a mixtape

En başından başla

February 24th

Sofia's car was in the mechanic, so she had to ride her bike to school. She isn't going to have her first period today, so her class starts later than everyone else's. There's lots of fog and it's raining a bit. She loves this weather though.

Sofia calls herself an autumn bitch.

She was reading a book when she realized she had 10 minutes to get to school. "Shit!" she curses, quickly putting on her black vans and grabbing her backpack.

She runs out the door, grabs her bike and starts pedaling quickly, in hopes of getting to school in time. 

She can't help but appreciate how beautiful the weather was. The trees were naked, it was cold, and it smelled like leaves.

Sofia suddenly sees the figure of a tall man at the end of the road. She gets scared and accidentally slips and falls off her bike, hearing a crack.

She winces in pain and looks around, breathing heavily and deeply scared. The figure had disappeared. A chill ran down her spine. She got up and looked at her wrist. It was throbbing in pain and looked red and out of place. She probably fractured it.

Sofia walked to the hospital with her bike since she couldn't ride it anymore- it was too painful. After a 20 minute walk, she got to the ER.

After waiting for half an hour, the doctor called for her. She had a type one fractured wrist. He told her not to go to school and not to move her arm for the rest of the day. That meant that she couldn't bike home, and she didn't have enough money for a bus ticket. She had one option left.

"Hey, Steve?" she asks through the payphone. She had been crying due to the stress and pain. Mostly stress.

"Sofy?" Steve asks.

"I'm sorry to bother you, were you going to work?" she asks.

"No, I have the day off. What's wrong?" he asks, clearly worried, hearing her trembling voice.

"I'm... I'm at the hospital" she says, after taking a deep breath.

"The hospital? What happened?" Steve asks, his voice filled with worry.

"I fell off my bike and fractured my wrist... it's not as bad as it sounds" she responds, trying to get herself to calm down.

"Do you need anything?" Steve asks.

"Actually... c-could you pick me up?" Sofia hesitates but asks. She hated to feel like a burden to other people and to ask for favors like this, but she was really stressed.

She is now in the car with Steve. When he saw her, he immediately hugged her. She thanked him and got in the car. Music from the radio plays quietly in the background.

"You sure you're okay?" he asks, glancing at her.

"Yeah, thanks" she responds, softly, looking out the window.

"You don't seem fine... did something else happen?" he asks, as if he could read her face like a book.

"Uh, no. I promise" she lies. She kept replaying what she saw in her head. It made her anxious, curious. The more she thought about it, the worse she felt. After thinking about it for a while, it looked like it had a hand bigger than the other. She was probably making it up. It could be stress anyway.