I take the food and thank him. We sit on the couches. "So you wanted to see me or a certain somebody?" I ask. "I wanted to see you its been long." he says. "I know how long has it been?" "Plus, minus a decade." "Damn. How i managed to survive I don't know." "I know I am a rare gem." I laugh.

"So how's life been for you?" I ask. "It's been okay. You know i studied and graduated. I'm still furthering my education and i own my own car dealership." he says. "So that's your dealership?" "Yes it is." "When did you open it?" "A couple of years ago." "I would like to say congratulations on all your achievements and I'm happy that you living your dreams." "Thank you."

"What else have you been up to besides making money?" I ask. "I have been committing and breaking peoples hearts." he says and i chuckle. "That's some good mentality right there. So have you left that lifestyle?" We chuckle. "I wasn't until I met someone that wanted me to leave without saying anything." "I wonder who that person is.." "I wonder." We laugh.

"How have you been?" he asks. "I have been okay." I answer. "I see you have been okay cause you making mula." "The mula is making me happy so I can't complain." "What happened between you and Khumo?" "It's history." "Tell me how it became history." "I lost feelings." He laughs.

"That's some good mentality right there," he says and i laugh. "You have always been a player."  "I know it runs in the blood." I say. "So you have been single and fucking ever since." "Yeah and I'm enjoying that life right now." "Are you getting some right now?" "No." "Damn." "You talking as if you getting some on the side." "Eish." I laugh.

"I see your career be taking off cause you making headlines ngapha you are a boss." he says. "Yes it is. I actually didn't expect to become a boss but I'm really happy cause the salary is massive." I say. "We like some big mula." "We sure do." We laugh.

"I missed you my friend." I say. "I missed you too. You can imagine how miserable my life became after I left." he says. "I know I am a rare gem after all." "But now that you here I guess we can pick up where we left off." "Hell yeah. I am never saying no to a male bestie." "And i miss having a female bestie." "I know you should. We can keep you guys sane."

"Accept the ones that can't read between the lines." he says. "I don't know who those are cause they can't set boundaries." I say. "We need to educate them." "Lets have a female and male bestie conference." "The amount of money we could make out of it." "Paris would be calling our name." He laughs.

"We should look into that business venture and see how much money we stand to make after every conference." he says. "I will be waiting for your call Mr." I say. "Can I ask a question?" "The way you said it doesn't sound good." "It's not a bad thing." "Okay ask." "Do you still have nightmares?" "Nope i don't." "That's good."

"They stopped a long time ago so yeah." I say. "You know you can talk to me if you want." he says. "And relive my traumatic past..no thank you." "You blocked out your emotions." "Yes Mr. Psychologist and they not coming back anytime soon." "Don't make fun of my degree." "Never."

"Whatever Ms. Lawyer." he says. We laugh. "Are you and Jessica talking?" I ask. "Yes we are but we taking things slow." "I see." "Did she say something?" "Nope i was just curious." "Sure, sure?" "Positive."

"Let's be nostalgic a bit." he says. "Your definition of nostalgic means you embarssing the living kak out of me and talking about humiliating things." I say. "I promise I won't be that bad." "Okay then. Remember that time that girl rejected you cause she knew she was a bet."

"You out of order. We promised not to bring back humiliating memories." he says. "We.. Nah you on your own brother. I told you not to do it not the other way around." I say. "Okay remember that time your embarrassed yourself in front of your crush." "It wasn't an embarrassment it was a prank gone wrong." "Samething." "Lies."

"Or that time when you were forced to dress up like us because it was a dare." I say. "That was a traumatizing moment yet so fun." he says. "I know but it actually suited you. Should you become a transgender I'm all for it." "What a nice compliment." "I know I try being an amazing friend." He laughs.

"The best part of our childhood was when we would play those poor kids." he says. "Who the hell is we?" I ask. "Us." "Udakiwe you were the player I was the experimenter. There is a huge difference between the two." (You drunk..) "Chile anyways...We both were players at the end of the day."

"How many girls had you dated by the time you finished high school?" I ask. "6." he says. "And i dated 2 guys see the difference." "Khumo should be added on that list." "Finished not during." "Same difference." "Stupid cow."

"Cow is your other bestfriend." he says. "Shame she isn't one." I said. "In my eyes she is." "Hai suka wena." We laugh.

"How is the family?" I ask. "They okay. They miss you." he says. "I am loved by everyone and i can't handle the pressure." "You sure are. You a really nice person when you want to or when you want something." "Yah right." "You hugged me because i bought you food." "And i hugged you after not seeing you for many years."

"You wanted something there." he says. "Wabora wena." I say. (You bore me.) "Only for you my dear friend." "Is Jessica pregnant?" "I don't know why?" "She is giving me pregnant woman vibes. One minute we clicking and the next we not and i see a belly growing." "So you think that is caused by pregnancy."

"I have three sisters and a mother who decided to have a child when I was 18 so I know the signs and i have seen them live on broadcasting national tv." he says. "As for the live broadcasting national tv." I say and laugh. "If she is what are you going to do?"

"Nothing I'll just be there as a good friend and step up to the plate if the daddy went to buy milk. " he says. "I never thought i would see the day you talking like this." I say. "Me too I thought i would be on my death bed by the time this happens." "God is good." "All the time."

"So will you play stepmother role if the roles were reversed." he asks. "It depends with the guy and the baby mama." I answer. "I can't wait to see the day you saying the same things I'm saying." "I don't want it to happen. I want us to have kids when we together." "Our population growth says otherwise." "That's the worst part."

"We have to accept it." he says. "I know but i will be looking at the one percent thats left or if there is any left." I say. "Explore your options my friend." "I will."

"Let me go check her." he says. "I knew i wasn't the only reason why you came here." I say. "Leave me alone. I'm in way to deep." "And if you hurt her i hurt you." "You have shown me what you capable of so I wouldn't even try." "I'm glad we understand each other."

I throw the takeaways in the bin and wash my hands in the bathroom. "Let me get going." he says. "Bye my friend." I said. "Bye sarcastic woman." I wink at him and we laugh.

We hug each other and he leaves. I go sit down and continue working. I'm pulling another all nighter cause he just put me behind. I enjoyed getting nostalgic today...