XLIII The Negotiation

One year passed in a blink because the losers who departed from the walled city were living in bliss. However, the cries outside of Shangri-La had never ceased.

Sometimes Taehyun came back with wounds that were not as bad as the past since he now worked in a team and the members covered for each other. It still caused pain on Beomgyu but he always welcomed the younger and took good care of him.

Both of them had found their home.Their love only deepened by time despite them pursuing different vocations.

With a coy smile, Taehyun looked at the pair of small bands in his palm once again before placing them back to the velvet jewelry box tenderly.

Finally, he exchanged them with his working hours. All that he needed was good timing then. A surprise at Yeonjun's wedding sounded felicitous.

"You're back!"

Almost jiggling the box, Taehyun shoved it into the drawers in a flash as he heard his boyfriend hopping towards him. "You're always out of town. I miss you~" Beomgyu hugged him from the back, nuzzling his nape to recharge his tyunergy.

Well, Taehyun had no choice since more and more tried to break into Shangri-La, the missionaries were too exhausted to expel them.

The Celestians set up a bounty to reward whoever discovered the location of this hidden town. It was particularly appealing to the morons whose fate could be turned over by the prize.

Not only the police force but people from everywhere, all kinds of mobs were bugging around. Even the poor morons, the least they wanted to counter with, became their rivals.

The negotiation didn't go well. Through virtual calling, hey had a peaceful talk with the Celestians but the latter didn't back down. The bounty remained live. If conversations ever worked, they wouldn't have hid themselves from the world for years.

That brought the missionaries to Plan B–

With the Celestian's technology, they could broadcast an important message to the city instantly. To make this plan feasible, there was one man who held the key. One man who was familiar with the city's media–

"I want to help. Just let me do this to thank Shangri-La. Even if I get caught, my mum will find a way to bring me back I guess."

Although Beomgyu said it calmly in front of the missionaries, his nervousness was reflected on his facial expression and fidgeting fingers. After all, Taehyun couldn't come up with better solutions so he volunteered to be on the mission so he could protect his love at all cost.

├┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┤

It's been a long while since Beomgyu visited his home town– the Celestian city. The small group sneaked into Choi's Technology Tower swiftly with the information gained from Beomgyu.

'Beomgyu, this is where you are going to manage in the future. With the help of our company, everyone here follows their life plans and lives happily.'

He was reminded of his mother's bland proclamation when he looked through the building's glasses. The sun was rising, tinting the grand metropolitan view with splendid gold.

Growing up in this prosperous city, Beomgyu still remembered the bits and drops of his childhood. He would have obeyed the system to marry Yujin and inherit the company by this time if Taehyun didn't come riling up his life. He wouldn't dare to imagine being a musician under surveillance.

But here he was, dedicated to a boy who loved him more than anything and gave him a push in becoming the person he always wanted to be.

The sun made it to the highest, around the time that the monitoring staff would be changing their shift, according to Beomgyu's memories.

On the top floor, the machines in the monitoring room were connected to the scheduling application in each citizen's phone, which meant they could distribute any message to all their devices in there. Normally, the room was utilized to make announcements to citizens.

Beomgyu waited until the staff from the next shift entered the room and followed them from behind.

"Annyeonghaseyo everyone! Thank you for the hard work." In an energetic tone, he clapped his hands for the staff, acting as naturally as he could.

At first the group of staff was frozen and confused at their place. However, they didn't want to be impolite to their soon-to-be boss so they bowed to him. "Good morning, Mr Choi. What brought you here? From what we know, should you be studying abroad right now?"

So they lied about me living overseas, huh. Beomgyu scoffed internally. He wasn't very surprised since the government really emphasized its image. It would be so lame if the truth was widely spread, exposing their inept security.

"Indeed my mother is going to publicize my return when all the workers assemble. That's why I have come to notify you of this meeting. Please gather around the guest hall before the next shift." Beomgyu quickly made up something. There was doubt in the staff's eyes, yet they took his order since Beomgyu was speaking with such confidence.

After the employees exited the room, he pretended to be leaving too, not forgetting to stuff a small pouch at the gap when the automatic door was closing.