XXXVI The Youth 1

A glowing white moon lazed in the dark sky for another peaceful night, not until an energetic figure broke its serenity.

Warning: Please do not imitate dangerous moves without professional guidance.

Taehyun was the first to enter the rink with a skateboard smoothly gliding under his soles, he flashed a 360 degrees flip while his hands still fished deep in his pockets which indicated how effortless it was to him. So easy, he affirmed himself strongly, knowing the positive effects on him.

Other than the education he received from Mr Kim, bringing this skateboarding into his life was on top of his gratitude list. They might be taught to ride one to survive, to run away, to escape, to enhance mobility but it became Taehyun's favorite hobby. He could spend all time experimenting with cool tricks. That's why he found it lucky to still keep a skateboard along the journey on the van.

The moonlight and lampposts seemed to favor him and obliged to be his spotlights. He definitely shined as soon as he joined the teens, partly because of his skills, and partly (or mostly) from the unfamiliar (and incredibly handsome) face. In no time, more eyes were destined to be captivated by him.

Taehyun, the typhoon eye, was used to pressure. In fact, he enjoyed all the gazes on him, which took him further for a breakthrough.

As he reached the edge of the pool, he flew high with one hand grabbing the board that was still attached to his feet, doing a whole round flip in the air while his free hand extended to the sky as if he was trying to catch the moon.

Winding up adeptly, he landed ground with his board, fine, stable, without a single tremor. Accompanying that was the wild cheers from the strangers.

"WOW! The new guy is something."

Hearing the crowd's astounded remarks, Taehyun's toothy smile couldn't be any cheekier than he was now.

"Look at him. All worked up." Yeonjun, who just arrived at the skatepark, shook his head with a teasing grin. His words were supposed to be sarcastic but his expression was brotherly. He was merely delighted to see his bestie in his best mood. 

Bearing a new crown, Taehyun didn't leave out the others. He descended from the top of the rink to the entrance, clicking a high-five with Yeonjun's hands to relay his baton, handing the spotlight over to the older. Yeonjun wasted no time to impress others just like Taehyun.

While Hueningkai was chilling, strolling around the side with his board too, Beomgyu and Soobin sat by the stairs, watching their lovers fondly.

To enjoy life, you don't need fancy luxuries. It might sound lame to any Celestian but not to Beomgyu, Soobin and Yeonjun. Just boys and girls, skateboards and cracks, they had pure fun.      

"You too, try it." Yeonjun pulled his lazy fiance up from his seat, making him ride his board. "Ahh- I'm scared, I'm scared. I can't do it." Soobin rambled like a rap as he couldn't stay on the board for more than a second. "It's not that scary. I'm here, you're not gonna fall." Yeonjun said, holding the other's hand firmly as he guided him to try again.

"Your turn too. Show me how capable you are now." Taehyun challenged his boyfriend.

"Of course. I can make turns now." The proud bear held his nose high as he received the board from Taehyun.

"Yeji unnie, look, they're so cute." Slowing down her pace, one of the skater girls had been staring at the newcomers, eyes sparked with enthusiasm. "Oh– Adorable~ New ships?"The mentioned girl answered with the same amount of passion. They immediately shared a knowing smile.

As promised, Beomgyu was able to skate in rounds other than one straight line

As promised, Beomgyu was able to skate in rounds other than one straight line. "You see that?" He whipped his head to the back excitedly to see his boyfriend's reaction, paying no attention to the path.

Another skater was dashing towards him from another direction. "Hyung, look out!" Taehyun yelled at him but it was too late. To dodge the conflict, by instinct Beomgyu threw himself off the skateboard mindlessly.

He screamed from the bottom of his lung, all so ready for the upcoming pain when his body lost to gravity, however, to his surprise, he didn't fall on the hard ground.

"You okay?" Asked by a foreign voice. Beomgyu realized he was in the arms of a bulky man who was holding him tightly by his waist. The man was stupefied at his place when he checked upon Beomgyu's features in close proximity. The latter was too pretty as a boy.

They were close. A little too close for Taehyun's liking. "F*k off!" He groaned at the man, tugging Beomgyu to his side so that the stranger was forced to lose his hold. He stood between the man and Beomgyu to terminate their interactions.

"Hey, buddy. Hold on. I'm just trying to help." The man defended himself however, it didn't stop the death stare from Taehyun.

"Taehyun-ah, don't be mad. I was falling, didn't you see that?" Beomgyu ruffled the younger's silver locks affectionately. At this point, Beomgyu knew how to handle the furious kitty. He got his manual.

Taehyun spared the stranger as he concentrated on Beomgyu's calming touches. Beomgyu took the chance to speak to the man, "Thank you for your help. I apologize for my boyfriend's manner."

"You're welcome." The man smiled, didn't seem to mind. He gestured his companion to proceed their skateboarding and was greeted by other skaters and the crowd.

He must be famous huh. Taehyun could smell a threat–  this slightly older guy was going to steal his crown.