X The Rooftop

Another day passed, the boys, including Beomgyu, took turn to look after Taehyun, who remained the same pose since yesterday. Beomgyu passed the baton to Hueningkai when the younger came for his shift.

He left the complex building with a yawn, to be greeted by Minho at the common square. He was feeding the baby girl some liquid cereal.

Beomgyu sat next to him and played with the girl's little hand.

"Is she your child?" Beomgyu had been curious about the baby since he was around the place.

"My sister's daughter." Minho replied, looking down in melancholy.

Beomgyu remembered the girls were taken by the Celestians, he mentally slapped himself for interrogating others thoughtlessly. He could see Minho wasn't comfortable with the topic so he stopped drilling on it.

"I'm sorry..." Beomgyu apologized sincerely for bringing it up, Minho shook his head, "It's not your fault."

Watching them from afar, Yeonjun smelt the awkwardness so he intervened.

"Anneyo, oppa." The baby girl was the first to address him, these days Haneul was getting better at communication, Yeonjun ruffled her soft hair and smiled.

"Hyung, are you fine now?" Beomgyu asked as there were still pads and bandages on Yeonjun's face and arms.

"It's nothing compare to that pabo. How about you?"

"Nice... Except the food and the room haha- People here are nice." Beomgyu answered honestly, he couldn't deny the living standard was far below his usual but what he learned was immeasurable.

"I guess not every Celestian has lost their heart." Yeonjun added as a certain boy appeared on his mind, someone he missed so much that he couldn't stop thinking about him until now.

├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤

The sky turned gloomy, Beomgyu returned to his room at nightfall.

He rolled to the side of the bed, lighted up the dim room with some candles to read the book he borrowed from Taehyun.

As he fully concentrated on the pages, a knock on the door snapped him back to senses.

"Come in." His eyes still chasing the words on the book as he assumed to be one of the kids.

Unexpectedly, it was the silver head behind the door gap.

"Hey, you should be lying down!" Beomgyu stood from the bed immediately.

"Shh- Come with me." Taehyun hushed him and showed grabby hand.

Beomgyu followed the younger to walk up stairs, all the way to the rooftop. Strong wind welcomed them, mussing up their hair as soon as the door was opened.

Beomgyu brushed his tangled bangs to the side. Above those defensive walls he saw a gorgeous view, scattered lights emitting from the tall buildings belonged to the Celestians.

Even from miles away, the capital city held a bright sparkly image, an unnecessary way to boast their wealth.

(The rooftop looks like this but the Celestian city is not that close to them)