XXIV The Thieves

"Did we lose them?" Yeonjun sped up the van, the boys sighed in relief when the Celestians were finally out of sight.

They learnt it the hard way that life was unpredictable, sometimes they had to go with the flow.

Yeonjun, Taehyun, Beomgyu and Hueningkai, plus a grey van would be all that they had on this expedition.

Or that's what they thought since they were unaware of the other car tailing them from some distance.

⊱ ━━━━━.⋅ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ ⋅.━━━━━ ⊰

The sun rose again after multiple repetitions, so as the growling in the boys' stomachs.

Unfortunately, the supplies they loaded to the van ran out in the first week, they had no choice but to revive their former profession—

"Hey, don't get too excited. It's for emergency." Taehyun calmed his Beomgyu hyung on the skateboard.

The older was too high for his first 'official criminal' in the upcoming so he was fooling around with the board. However, the newbie still lost balance most of the time, thankfully Taehyun was his guardian.

"Thank you for slagging them off. I could never confront them alone." Beomgyu said while returning the board to Taehyun after almost tripping over himself again.

He found Taehyun really cool at these times. The younger had no money, no status, but he was fearless with a heart of gold, fearless with a purpose in his life.

To have someone protecting him, caring about his happiness was all new and heart-warming.

Taehyun immediately understood he was talking about the Celestian policemen, a smugly grin that Beomgyu might not be missing, climbed up the younger's face, "You know, there's only one form of gratitude that I would accept-"

His words tinted Beomgyu's cheeks with pink as he was reminded of the intimacy they shared before.

"Guys, ready?" Their babbling was terminated by Yeonjun, they really had some serious job to deal with.

Therefore Taehyun left his last remark to Beomgyu, "-joking, I owe you more than that." He didn't forget to send a flirty wink which flushed the older as he planned.

⊱ ━━━━━.⋅ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ ⋅.━━━━━ ⊰

"Only one female staff

"Only one female staff... we can handle."

From behind the van, Taehyun and the other boys were observing a convenient store at a deserted place. There were no other buildings around, only cars rarely racing through the long road, ideal for them to jack-in and out.

To start off, they pretended to be normal customers entering the vacant shop, a door bell was ringing–

"Welcom-"