Episode 7 // Separation

It was evening. My mother came, but she was very tired so she ate and went to bed right away. Tina was probably asleep, too. I was sitting on my bed waiting for 18.

A few minutes later she appeared in the window. I got up quietly and opened the window.

"I think you've thought about it." was the first sentence of her.

"Yes, I did. I accept your offer." I said excitedly.

"I'm glad about that. Now close your eyes and take a deep breath." she said.

I trusted her and did what she said. Although my eyes were closed, I can see the light emitted by 18. It was very bright. Then the light suddenly went out. It was like I was in a emptiness. I slowly opened my eyes. Everything was the same in my room.

Like nothing changed. Until I hear 018's voice.

"Yeah, nothing has changed. It's just that I'm with you now." said. Where did the sound come from? I looked around the room but she wasn't here.

"I'm in your head. Now you can only hear me in your head." said. So that's why I couldn't see her.

She reminded me of the time, saying, "You're tired, you need to sleep." It was 11.30 am.

"You're right, I should go to bed." I said.

"You don't need to speak out loud when you talk to me. I can read your thoughts." she said before I went to bed. She was in my head after all.

*****

I got up earlier than usual in the morning. I don't know why but I had a bad feeling. Then I thought it was probably 18.

"Good morning! Didn't you get up a little early?" A voice echoed in my head.

'Good morning to you too. I can't sleep when I'm hungry.' I thought to myself.

Even my mother wasnt awake yet. I slipped into the kitchen for a snack.

'What do you think we should eat?' I thought to myself. "You can just spread some chocolate cream on the bread and have it for now. You'll have something better when your mom wakes up."

18 was a very good person, although her life story was a bit sad. I never meet with her sister but I really hated her. Maybe she had some issues with it. But she was the one who started the fight after all.

I did what 18 said, spread chocolate cream on 2 slices of bread and ate it. Then I went upstairs and bought my new book. I went into the living room and started reading.

About an hour later, I heard my mother wake up. It was 7.30 am. So I get up around 6.00. My mother was surprised to see me sitting in the living room.

"You got up early. What happend? Oh wait, you must be hungry, I'll prepare something right away." she said.

"I ate some bread with chocolate. I was full a little, but I'm hungry again." I did a little emotional exploitation for her. I like to be spoiled like that sometimes.

In 10 minutes, my mother had prepared a perfect table. I thought, 'I have to go and wake Tina right away.' I jumped up, but when I went in front of her door, something happened.

I was just standing in front of the closed door.

"Did something happen?" It was 18 who said that. I didn't know what it was either. I just felt that boredom inside of me that I felt when I woke up in the morning.

I woke Tina, trying to look cheerful.

"Wake up, sleepyhead. Breakfast is ready. Mom has prepared a perfect table. Get up and come downstairs." I woke her up.