Entertainment?

Magsimula sa umpisa

His office is spacious with built in cabinets and a reading nook that looks so cozy. We greet each other and the helper excuses herself to fetch our drinks and snacks. She comes back a few minutes later and there is a cheese board and wine for me and a glass of whiskey for Kuhle. "Manqoba I am moving in with you." I say and we chuckle. "The more the merrier I guess." he says and we chuckle.

The helper excuses herself and i indulge in the cheese board. "My brothers and dad will be here in a few minutes." says Manqoba. "No problem. Let me enjoy the wine and the snacks." I say and he chuckles. We talk about random things until the others arrive. We greet each other and they sit down. "Which questions should we start with?" asks Kuhle. "Lets here the prosecutor's." says Manqoba. I take out the questions and give it to Kuhle.

"Which one of you is testifying?" asks Kuhle. "I'm testifying." answers Nqaba. "Okay then. You must make sure you don't explain too much just keep your answers brief in court otherwise they will try to use that against you." He nods.

"May you introduce yourself to the court." says Kuhle. "My name is Nqaba Vilakazi." says Nqaba. "What do you do for a living?" "How is that related?" "Always answer the questions you are asked. The lawyers are the ones that can object." I say. "Okay. I am a businessman."

"How is the defendant related to you?" asks Kuhle. "He is my older brother." said Nqaba. "Is he a good older brother?" "He is even though he is rebellious sometimes." "Can you tell us what your brother does for a living." "He is a businessman."

"You can't leave it at that. You have to specify what business he does cause they might end up asking unnecessary questions that aren't in these set of questions." I say. "Okay. I'll do that but for now can i stick to businessman." says Nqaba and i nod.

"How would you describe your relationship  between you and your brother?" asks Kuhle. "Our relationship is a good one. We are very close because we only a few years apart." says Nqaba. "Is he a family kind of guy or does he prefer friends?" "He is family orientated. He would do anything to keep us safe."

"Has your brother been involved in any illegal activities?" asks Kuhle. "No." says Nqaba. "Do you think he is innocent?" "He is. He can never hurt a human being like that." "Yah right." I say and they laugh. "It is true." He air quotes true.

"That will be it." says Kuhle. "What are your set of questions?" asks Nqaba. "They very similar but we can ask them if you want." I say. "It's fine. Just mention the ones that are different from these ones." I take out my set of questions.

"Where were you on the day of the murder?" I ask. "I was at home with my siblings." says Nqaba. "What were you doing at home?" "We were having a bonding session of some sort." "Which siblings were there during the bonding session?" "Nqobi and Manqoba."

"Has your brother been arrested for any illegal activities?" I ask. "No." he says. "What makes you think your brother is innocent?" "He has never been involved in any illegal activities and he has an alibi to back up his story." "I mixed these questions up a bit. Anyways does your brother have any motive to kill the victim?"

"No. He has never worked with the victim." he says. "You lying under oath because there are records to prove that he worked for you guys." I say. "Okay what must i say."  "Your brother has no motive cause he and the victim were close and they fit along." says Kuhle. "Okay."

"Is that it?" he asks. "Yeah we finished." I say. "So have you found Ziyanda's boyfriend?" asks Manqoba. "We have. I met up with him already. You will not be seeing him until court because i don't want you threatening him. This case must go as smooth as possible." "Okay. Have you asked him the questions?" "Yes. He even told us that they broke up way and she never told him." "This is about to be interesting."

"It sure is and that way we can prove to the court she isn't a viable witness." says Kuhle. "Yeah but in all honestly I expected better from Kananelo cause he is one of the best prosecutors in the country. When you hear ukuthi he is the prosecutor on your case you must work hard mara now we just chilling." I say. "That's a good thing for us." says his dad. "It is."

"So we have our information in order?" asks Manqoba. "Yes we do we just waiting for court." I say. "Okay." "That will be it for today's meeting." Me and Kuhle stand up and the housekeeper lets us out. We say our goodbyes and leave.

We get inside the car and we drive back to work. I get to work and go straight to my office. I tell Jessica to come and see me in my office. She comes inside with her lunch and she starts eating.

"Did i do something wrong?" she asks. "No I'm taking an early lunch break so I need some source of entertainment." I say. "Okay. I'm the perfect candidate cause i have a lot of questions to ask." "I'm not going to like this one bit." "Don't worry its nothing offensive."

"Talk." I say. "What was going on between you and Sthembiso at the club?" she asks. I fight the urge to roll my eyes. I saw this coming but i was hoping she asked a relevant topic. "Nothing. He was just some source of entertainment."

"Your entertainment sure was fun and he definitely looks handsome. Those brothers are handsome I won't lie." she says and i hum. "That's how all entertainments should be fun and carefree and being hot is a bonus." I say and she laughs. "I'm not disputing that was just shocked to see you guys talking like there is nobody in the room." "Mxm. That's not true." "It is. Even Mihlali and Michelle saw it." "Are you sure you didn't smoke anything." "No madam."

"There is nothing going on and there was nothing serious going on. I was just letting loose and having fun cause i have been working too hard." I say. "Yeah. That entertainment was a great distraction." she says and I laugh. "Anyways I also have some questions for you."

"I'm not liking this one." she says. "Don't worry its nothing offensive." I say. "You using my own words against me." "Yes I am. Anyways whats going on between you and Lukhanyo?" "We just talking. We don't know  where its going on. I don't want it to go anywhere cause i just came out of a relationship."

"Nothing wrong with moving on if you still breathing and you not having chest problems everyday." I say. "You say that cause its your cup of tea." she says. "Yes it is. I was just giving you some nice tips for free." "Whatever. I guess his the entertainment I need after a long day at work."

"I guess we all need some sort of entertainments in our lives." I say and we chuckle. "We sure do. Without it we would be dead." she says. "I can't relate but either way. Let's continue talking about these entertainments." We laugh.