Chapter 43: Team Donfort

Back in Hannah's apartment, the three siblings were gathering around the dining table, as Jake was turning on his computer. The sounds of multiple devices made it sound like they were in an office. Lilly peeked over Jake's shoulder, looking curious.

Jake cracked his knuckles then shook his fingers before sitting closer to the table.

"Are you two ready now?" Jake asked.

Hannah and Lilly took out their phones. Hannah bit her lower lip, looking a bit unsure, in comparison to Lilly who seemed much more enthusiastic.

"And you sure he won't suspect a thing? He won't know we are trying to hack him?" Hannah asked.

Jake smiled, sipping his coffee, which will help him stay awake. "Nope, he won't know, I will make sure of it. You two just try to hack his cloud. Meanwhile I will try hack his security system, based on the location provided by Poke. This will be more difficult, which is why I will do the task."

Lilly examined her screen. "Wow and this is how Lia hacked Hannah's cloud? It's actually fun," she moved her finger along on the screen, decrypting the cloud storage, using the tool Jake provided.

"Yeah..." Hannah didn't seemed to thrilled when she got reminded that Lia and Jake had access to her cloud for quite a while. Not that she had anything to hide, and she was still grateful for the amount of effort those two went through to help her, but hacking her cloud wasn't something she was thrilled about.

She hasn't forget about them hacking also her phone. Oh well, it was water under the bridge now, Hannah thought.

Now she is trying to hack a notorious ringleader. The thought of that also doesn't sit well with her. Unlike her, this man does has a lot to hide, and she bet those weren't good things. This immediately made her worried as she glanced towards Lilly, who was now having so much fun with the cloud hack tool.

"Ehm Jake, what are we supposed to find? You do realize that this man is a criminal. We might find something that is... very bad to look at," Hannah's words caught Jake's attention, as he stopped typing and looked back at her.

"You are right, I was careless to forget about that. I suggest you two do not open any of the files or data you decrypt in his cloud storage. Immediately send it to me. I will take care of it, in this way, you won't find anything inappropriate that could scar you."

Lilly furrowed her brows while still being glued to her screen, her fingers kept moving and Hannah saw that she got quite far with the decryption. "What do you mean Jake?"

Jake paused for a second before answering. "To make it short, there could be pictures of beaten up people, kidnapped people, or worse, a dead body."

Lilly's eyes went wide, and her phone slipped from her fingers.

"No!" she tried to grab it, but it fell on the ground, the decryption got ruined and she had to start over again.

"No, I was so close," she mumbled in annoyance.  "Damn it, now I have to start all over again."

Jake smiled seeing her reaction, and his mind wandered of, as he remembered how Lia would often complain to him that some levels were too difficult for her to pass, but he would always encourage her to continue and try again.

Lia: If only sometimes I have an extra move or didn't had to wait until the system restarts, I could also have more fun with it

Jake: You can do it. I have full confidence in you. Little miss detective :)

Lia: Well you can't get far without me, so I can't stop now can I? 😉

Jake: I won't deny that.