Chapter 26: Lilly Part 2

Lilly's heart felt torn to pieces to see her big brother crumble. He tried not to show it, but he was visibly very upset and probably blaming himself already for this disaster.

She walked over to Jake to touch his shoulder, and he tried to calm his breathing.

"So... what now?" Phil asked, genuinely showing concern.

Lilly tried to think, usually, in a time like this, there had to be something they could do. Just as back as then, after she made the biggest mistake of her life by posting that awful video, she tried to think up a solution for the problem she created. And just like now, she felt responsible for what happened with Lia. Her brother seemed to feel so lost, so she had to step in. Lia was also her friend after all.

"Jake, sit down, you look like you are going to pass out any minute. When was the last time you had a good sleep anyway?" she asked as she went to grab her brother a glass of water and handed it to him.

"I don't know... last fall I guess?" he chuckled and then suddenly stopped, a painful expression on his face as if those words were hurting him deeply.

"Okay let's think together about what to do from now on. Is there a way to see if Lia left Duskwood? We have to make sure to find her first, then explain ourselves, and I think after hearing us, Lia will understand. She is not the type of person to hold a grudge," Lilly shook Jake's shoulder a little.

"Come on Jake, you are a hacker, can't you track her?"

Jake's eyes lit up. He looked at Lilly and there seem to be life back in them.

"Yes... yes, I could do that," he immediately took out his phone. "Even after she blocked me. It will take longer, but it's doable."

"I will head back to the Aurora, and close it. I think we can all meet up somewhere else, to discuss the situation," Phil said.

"Hannah's place will be ideal; it is close by to everyone else's places. I'm sure she will be okay with that," Lilly picked up the note that Jake dropped.

Phil nodded then he left the two alone. Lilly patted Jake's shoulder as he was working determined on his phone.

"You really love her don't you Jake?" she asked with a smile.

Jake looked up and he nodded. "Yes, I do, with all of my heart."

"You have to think of a possible future for the both of you Jake," she pleaded.

Jake smiled sadly as he went back to his phone. "I will find a solution for us."

It went silent for a couple of minutes, before Lilly continued, "do you think she is still here in Duskwood?"

Jake typed in a couple of commands, and then he smiled triumphantly, "we will see now."

Lilly peeked over his phone. Jake suddenly seemed confused. "Strange," he said. "Her phone is somewhere at the park, between the church and the train station. It's staying still in one spot..."

He looked up, pale as a ghost and Lilly looked back at him, the same expression on her face. Then they both run outside the room without closing the door, down the stairs, into the direction of the park, praying in their hearts that nothing bad has happened to Lia.