Chapter 5- I Never Expected This

I literally had been cut off by a scream but not from my own rant. My memories. I spun around angrily looking for the twit who had screamed. It had sounded awfully like Jaden’s voice. Wait why did it sound like Jaden? He was supposed to be at school being taught to death by his ninth grade maths teacher, Mrs Albert. I should know I am the one that has to look at his schedules. Don’t ask why. I narrowed my eyes as I heard a badly disguised whispered yell of ‘Ow!’, followed by a ‘Shut your trap Spencer!’.

It’s safe to say it was very amusing. In a weird twisted way. I dragged my self out of my bed as quiet and softly as I could. I didn’t want them to hear me now did I? As I positioned myself against my door I could easily hear their conversation. Added effect thanks to my lovely hearing range. It went a little bit like this.

Jaden:  Dude do you want my sister to hear us?

Dude No.1: Err I don’t really know. Do we?

Dude No.2: I have no clue why we still keep you around. Oh wait I do. Plastic Surgeon sister.

Jaden: Kevin! Shut.  Up. Now. You don’t know my sister. She is creepy and very good at hearing people even at a far distance.

Dude No.2( Or Call Me Kevin): Okay but how do you know your sis is even in the house? It is Monday. And she’s still in high school isn’t she? What is she called again?

Jaden: She’s still in school but she’s a senior this year. She’s called Tori.

Dude No.2: The Tori.

I muted them after hearing Call Me Kevin call me ‘hawt’. Gross. He was  a ninth grader, it might have been cool when I was in seventh grade and being called ‘hawt’ by a ninth grader was like meeting Nicki Manj face to face as a VIP I was a senior. Does that make sense? He was also Jaden’s friend after eavesdropping I would say that they were best friends. That did not sit well with me. Anyone who was friends nonetheless best friends with the dude was a plastic face wannabe.

Anymore reasons that you want me to add?

I breathed in and out for at least two minutes until I was so rudely interrupted by that ‘voice’. Honestly what was it with this ‘voice’. It had bugged me throughout Dance. Look here this. Shut up this. Move your arms here this. I growled.

What the flip.

Did I just growl like an animal?

Sweetheart don’t be so shocked. It’s perfectly normal! I mean for people like us.

I raised one eyebrow up. Then I remembered that there was none with me well except from the plastic hooligans downstairs but we don’t like them now do we? What exactly did she mean by ‘for people like us’? So instead of killing myself with curiosity I asked her a question.

Excuse what the hell do you mean by ‘people like us’ exactly.

Well isn’t really algebra. Do you know the meaning of the word Shift?

Yep. But what does this have to do with my question?

Research the word ‘Shifter’.

Wha-

Just do it.

Okay.

I walked around my room before grabbing my HP laptop and settling myself back on my bed. Waiting for the machine to load and log on was extremely boring and my other option to weigh out the time was to listen to Jaden and his clique. I didn’t really have a choice.

Humming to Nicole Scherzinger new track ‘Boomerang’ I finally sighed in relief as the process had finished.

Finally.

Typing in ‘Shifter’ in the Google search box made my heart beat like crazy. What would I find? I mean the word shifter was common right? It wasn’t such a bi deal as my ‘wolf’ made out surely?

My questions drove me mad but not for long as I saw answers to my questions. There was one result that showed up as,’Mythical Creatures Physiology’, I clicked on that one.

I don’t know why I clicked on that one without thinking of what might be presented there. That was what bugged me. I was not usually one to think rationally (ask anyone) but when it came to stuff that could mean something for my future or my own well being I was as serious as it came to Markus Elliot basket ball supreme actually risking his rep by talking to his geeky obsessions.

I’m not kidding.

When the website page had finally loaded I skimmed down to the bottom page. I was about to give up on that page when I saw it. A little link. It was small but it was still visible in size. I clicked on it with excitement building up inside me. My stomach was doing the Congo. Why all the excitement I asked myself? My question was answered by the text on the web page.

Shifter is a term that people would call Werewolves. No not your full moon type, the mythical accurate type. A shifter is a human that is born of two creatures. Human and Wolf. The legend of shifters states that the Moon Goddess is the creator and God of Shifters or Wolves. They have the benefits of higher level range of hearing and sharp eye sight. They see things much more defined than humans. They are also connected with their wolves who can channel their emotions through their human and shift whenever they prefer.

I stopped breathing. Everything was spinning. My world was crashing down slowly as pieces fell. It was as if I had muted the world and it was only me and the silence that was engulfing me. I wanted to break the muteness. I gulped. That was enough. I scrolled down not prepared for the information that I would receive.

Mates

A shifters soul mate. What a mate is a person that is made for that specific shifter. An eternal partner. You share a bond with them that can not be broken unless by two things. Death and Rejection. If you are rejected the bond will still be there but if you accept her/him it will strengthen instantly. Shifters know when they have found their mate by one simple thing. Their wolves cry of ‘mate’ and the sparks that will emerge when contact is made. Of course this is just a legend...

I slammed my laptop shut after reading that. Strangely I was calm and not having a panic attack as I thought I would have. All I simply did was call out my ‘wolf’.

You finally know.

So it’s all true?

It’s all true.

Well we have some introducing to do don’t we?

But at that very moment she was going to reply my door was slammed opened. I turned around curious and shocked to see who was there.

Who I saw was the last person I had expected to see.

A/N: Hallo!! I hope this is long enough for yall cause when I was writing this it was at least four pages. Lol. Anyoo who do you think is there? Ooo gosh I’m hanging on this cliff hanger as well! Lmfao. The story has taken a twist t what I had originally planned but that’s good! Makes it a bit longer and interesting.

Peace N’ Cookies! x

Fan

Comment

Vote

Tessie