I quickly pushed her body and moved away, Nikolai stopped his motion when he saw his sister's head on the ground. Many emotions bursted in his heart which make him angry and cry in agony. I gasped at the sight, While Thomas hid me behind him. Nikolai saw halberd on the ground which cut her head, he turned back and saw Thomas behind him. I held his arms from behind, Thomas was the one to throw his halberd on Maya.

Mithorine's Commander was the one who quickly blew the surrender horn. The loud sound of horn made everyone to stop their fight, The commander pulled out the white flag as a surrender. Ellesmere won the war, Nikolai slowly walked near Thomas with his emotionless face. His eyes filled with darkness, tears brimming out of his eyes.

"You took everything from me, Thomas" He said while clenching his fist "Your sister deserved to die" Thomas said with his cold face. "Because of you, thousands of lives were lost on this field" Nikolai said with a low voice as a whisper, I know he is controlling his anger inside "Everything is fair in love and war" Thomas replied, I held his arms from behind.

Nikolai extended his sword and pointed against Thomas, making Thomas to pull me away from him "You're challenging me in this battle?" Nikolai asked, Thomas replied "Not a friendly challenge this time" they both moved in a circle, the sword hanging down from their hand slowly tracing the ground getting ready to strike.

Nikolai's eyes burned in agony and pain while Thomas's eyes were calm and dark. It was like Fire vs Water. A slight fire existed behind Thomas's calm eyes which only the god of death could see. Nikolai clutched the staff, feeling the power and grace of his weapon underneath his skin. Thomas skillfully graced his sword and launched himself towards Nikolai, Nikolai lifted his sword and the next moment the swords of the great warrior crashed against each other.

I watched them as the commander pulled me away from Thomas for safety, My eyes worried and scared. While both of them used their full strength to push each other but none of them was moving back. Their eyes didn't leave each other's sight. The pain, hatred, agony, anger made them hungry for each other's blood.

Each and every soldier felt the tense situation between the warriors. Nobody dared to stop them, I was about to go towards them until the commander grabbed my arm and shook his head. the battle ground was dead silent. The wind travelled among them, whispering in their ears. Telling them that there's something bad going to happen that will change the history.

Nikolai swing his sword towards Thomas only to get blocked by his skillful move. Every sound of strikes of the swords was making each and every soul present on the ground shiver in terror. Tears rushed out of Nikolai's eyes while fighting with Thomas "I almost lost half of my people because of you!!" Nikolai shouted as he pushed Thomas back. Thomas smirked as he was amused by his fighting skills.

"It is such a great moment to have a fight with a warrior like you" Thomas said while again blocking Nikolai's strike with sword "The pain, lot of pain in human being makes them ten times stronger" Thomas continued Before his head tilted when Nikolai's sword strike against his left cheek. The blood trailed down from the cut, Thomas wiped the blood away with his thumb and charged towards Nikolai.

Thomas kicked on Nikolai's abdomen making him fall down. Nikolai still played his sword against Thomas to defend himself, Nikolai pulled out his dagger with his free hand and stabbed on Thomas's right arm, Thomas groaned in pain and shut his in anguish. I let out a soft gasp and tried to go towards him but the strong grip of the commander held me back "We can't interrupt them" He said.

Thomas pressed his hand on his staff and extended it, making the tip of his sword to stab Nikolai's thigh. Making him to gasp in pain. Thomas looked at my side who was looking so worried, then I sae Nikolai tried getting up "Thomas, watch out!" I screamed, Thomas turned around and quickly tried blocking his sword "You destroyed our friendship!" Nikolai shouted in anger and that gave him strength, making his sword pushed forward and slightly stabbed Thomas's shoulder.

No! I quickly pulled out the sword and freed myself out of the commander's grip "Stop!" I ignored him and ran towards infront of them when Thomas moved his sword in air and attacked on Nikolai. Thomas was about to hit him when my strong force stopped his attack. Thomas widened his eyes as soon as he saw me blocking his sword "what are you doing, Evelyn?!" I kept blocking his sword "Don't kill your own friend, Thomas!" I said and Nikolai looked at me in amusement, his heart pounded so loudly in his rib cage for the first time.

"He's not at guilt alone, Thomas! Everyone caused this war" I said while my hand blocking his sword from attacking Nikolai "Evelyn, move away from my way!" He yelled. I pushed his sword away from Nikolai "No, I won't!" I yelled back. Thomas move back and looked at me and Nikolai "Why are you protecting him-" I cutted him off "Please, don't ruin your friendship, I know you won't forgive yourself for your whole life if you kill Nikolai!" I yelled, making Thomas to gripped his sword.