Chapter 23

Evelyn's Pov

As I was about to walk to the room where Carl and Anne stay, when I met Maya with a tray of food in her hand, I quickly walk towards her "Maya!" I called her out, she then turned her head to look at me "Oh, Your majesty!"

I chuckled, stopping infront of her "I told you to call me by my name" I said while smiling, Maya looked away for a while "I can't help it, You are our Queen here" Maya replied.

Nodding my head in understandment "Alright, then" I said, Maya then turned her gaze down at my hand covered in cloth "How is your hand?" She asks worriedly, I smiled and looked down to my hand "It's getting better, thanks to you. Gosh, Thomas almost found out that someone did it it on purpose" I said while sighing in relief.

Maya tilted her head for a while "The head maid? the King already knew about it" she said, I furrow my brows "What do you mean?" I asks, Maya then looked left and right before whispering to me "The head maid was brutally murdered" she said.

I widened my eyes, looking at her "what? How?" I asks shockingly, Maya bit her lip and whispered again "She was found on the back of the Castle, headless. But we don't know where her head is" Maya said, I covered my mouth in shock "How could someone do this?" I asked unbelievably.

"It's not just a someone, Evelyn" Maya said, I am beyond shock right now. "Who did this?" I asks confusedly, Maya bit her lip and quickly turned her back on me "oh gosh, I said too much" Maya said, I shake my head and turned her around "Maya, who did it?" I asked seriously.

Maya stayed silent before answering "You should find it out" She said, I know she is scared to say it but I doubt if it is Thomas who did it or not, If it truly is Thomas who did it then I haven't change his monsterity. I move back slowly "I surely will" I said calmly.

She then nodded, I looked down to the tray on her hand "Where will you serve this?" I asked, Maya looked down at the tray "Oh, it's for your friends" she said with a smile, I nodded and take the tray from her hand "Let me serve this, I was about to go there but then I found you" I replied with a smile.

Maya smiled back, bowing down slightly "I shall be headed now to the kitchen" she said, I nodded. Turning around before walking to where Anne and Carl's room is.

Knocking on the door before getting inside, I smiled as I saw Carl resting while Anne holding his hand. "Anne" I called her, Anne then slowly turned around and gasped "Oh, you're back" she said while standing up and hugging me, I chuckled before hugging her back.

"Of course, I won't forget you guys" I replied, Anne pulled from the hug and looked down "It's your food, you should feed Carl when he woke up" I said, teasing her. Anne blushed and shake her head "no way, he have hands. He should feed himself" She said.

I laughed "Come on, Anne. I knew you two are together so stop acting not to be sweet when i'm here!" I said while crossing my arms, Anne chuckled "Alright, Alright I will! But it's about helping him because he is injured" Anne denied, I smiled and cannot think else but imagining carl and Anne get married, have kids.

After an hour of spending time with Anne, I walked out of their room and while I was walking to the halls, suddenly I was pulled in another room by someone. I was about to scream but my mouth was covered.

So I do my trick, kicking the balls of this person and making him groan in pain. I was about to kick him again "No wait, It's me!" The man cried out, I furrowed my brows "It's Jack!" He cried out again while holding his private part, I widened my eyes "oh my gosh, Jack? I'm sorry!" I said quickly with wide eyes.

Jack collapsed his body on the ground while still crying out in pain, I carefully hold him "I'm so sorry, I thought you're a bad guy" I said awkwardly "w-what would a woman do if someone d-does it, right? Self defense" I said while biting my lip, Jack held himself more "that's not helping!" He said.