Chapter 42

Evelyn's Pov

I was crying while hugging Thomas tightly, I can't believe Nikolai is just like the old Thomas before. He was about to forced me, I thought he's my friend but He just want to take me away from Thomas and make myself his.

Thomas clenched his fist tightly while hugging me as he kept looking at Nikolai, death glaring each other. When Thomas was about to walk towards Nikolai, I quickly stopped him "Thomas n-" He cutted me off by holding my arms tightly to put me to the side "Move away, Evelyn!" Thomas shouted while glaring at Nikolai.

Nikolai kept smirking while his eyes death glaring at Thomas "Too bad, if you didn't come. I would've claim her as mine" Nikolai said, Thomas is finally done as he starts to push me to the side but I stayed strong in my place "No, Thomas! Let's just go" I cried out, tears still in my eyes, Thomas looked down at me then back at Nikolai "Watch out, Nikolai. I will end you when I get to see your bastard face again" Thomas replied while glaring at him.

Nikolai looked down at me, I looked away and kept hugging Thomas as I cry silently. Thomas just clenched his fist before pulling me outside with him and I can hear Nikolai screaming from behind "I will claim you, Evelyn. You belong to me!" I burry myself to Thomas as I kept crying silently, why is this always happening to me?

Thomas looked down at me before holding my waist as he carried me in bridal style, my arms around his neck as support while he carried me out of castle. I feel ashamed of myself, letting a man touch me. I hugged myself and Thomas carried me inside the carriage.

The ride was quiet, I keep trying to calm down but I still feel his hand touching my neck and I feel so much disgusted. After a while we arrived and Thomas opened the door for me before I walked out of the carriage while looking down blankly.

I followed Thomas behind as we walked inside, Anne greeted us with a smile "Welcome back, Your Majesties an-" Anne cutted her sentence as she saw my blank face, Thomas turned around to face her "Take her to her room and guide her there" He said before walking away from us.

Anne walked towards me and held my hand "Evelyn, what's wrong? Did you two fought again?" She asks, I shook my head. "Nothing is wrong, Anne. I need a bath" I replied while going upstairs, Anne muttered "Something is definitely wrong here" I sighed while walking, opening the door and Anne closed it behind her.

"Now, tell me what's wrong" She said while her eyes focused on me, I sat down on the bed with my hand on my lap "It's nothing" I said in a low voice, Anne denied it "Please? Tell me" She asked with her puppy eyes, I sighed and looked away.

Anne smiled and sat down beside me "Is that a yes?" She asked while her face close to me, I chuckled and covered her face "Anne". She laughed and hold my hand "It's about thomas, isn't it?" I sighed and looked down at my hand before shooking my head "It's about Nikolai" I answered, and Anne gasped before turning me around to face her "What about Nikolai?" She asked with wide eyes.

I looked up to her "He confessed that he liked me" I replied lowly, Anne widened her eyes and covered her mouth "what?!" She said shockingly, I nodded and looked down "He forcedfully kissed me" I whispered as tears began streaming down my eyes, Anne widened her eyes and cannot believe it but she quickly hugged me in her arms "I can't believe he did that to you, i'm so sorry" She said sadly while patting my back.

Nodding my head as I cry in her arms "I couldn't believe it, Anne. I couldn't believe my friend forced me like that, a-after our best moment together and he just did that to me an-" I couldn't take it as I cry harder, Anne shushed me "no no, i won't let that crazy man near you again. Start from now, you have to focused on one man and that is your husband, Thomas and dont make boy best friends anymore. For sure they'll fall right unto your feet because of your beauty and kindness" She said.