No need to look like a heathen

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

"I also liked the second Harry Potter and the third. And you know what I enjoyed the fourth one too." The man fixed his glasses. "Not the fifth. No. But the sixth, yes."

Steven was dreadfully boring. He wore a grey sweater with slacks and had yet to ask one question about Libby herself. Kai sat nearby in the restaurant and saw his bored his girl was. Tapping his glass lightly she looked to him and gave her a thumbs up. She sighed in relief. Now she could use one of his excuses. "I'm so sorry- my mothers cancer came back. I have to urgently leave." She awkwardly stood up and walked by Kai's table, to which he got up and followed her out.

"How was that?" He asked optimistically.

"I could kill you. Like I could take your car and just run you over."

Steven was her third date. The first man simply stared at her chest for a full eight minutes before Kai ushered her out of there. The second man seemed to be very into feet in a very not subtle way. They got back in the car and she narrowed her eyes at him. He looked at her, then back to the wheel. "I'll admit- these men aren't the best." He said very lowly.

"Not the best? Jody asked for a picture of my 'toe rings' Kase. I'm wearing sneakers!"

"I know-"

"Sneakers!"

"I got it."

"Who does that?"

"I don't know-"

"Ridiculous."

"Look this dating site gave me some catfishes. The next ones are bound to be better." He pulled his phone out. Libby groaned and tried to focus on fixing up her hair. Dating was difficult. How did anyone find anyone these days? "I just saw two Steve's in a row. That's hilarious."

"To you."

"You know I really feel like you could've married Jody, had you given him a chance." He shrugged. "He'd love you for you."

"Please, one bunion and he'd kick me out."

Kai snickered and Libby laughed. This had truly been a ridiculous day with ridiculous dates. But the two did find themselves having fun.

"Do you have any nicer things to say? I mean these are such obvious exit lines." She felt slightly bad she's had to say that her son suddenly went missing and that her uncle was set on fire in order to get out of a terrible date.

"You need an obvious line. Otherwise they'll try to contact you again. Blow them off harshly and end it all right there."

"It just feels mean." She whispered.

"It's meant to be mean." He whispered back.

"Alright. Who's next. John the train guy? Tom the- the gym worker."

"Gym worker?"

"I don't know." She waved off.

"This one is Darrel, the black man. Very nice smile, no kids, and seems to not have any strong opinions about feet." That was big for them.