Chapter 9

Underlined words is Nezuko's voice

Tanjiro's P.O.V

After seeing my friends Inoske and Zenitsu were okay, I left to go check on Nezuko. Walking into the room and closing the curtains I sat on the bed. Wincing in pain a bit before hearing the box open. "Nezuko, thanks for protecting me on the mountain" I say as she nodded and sat next to me. "Why didn't you tell me Hoka was Y/n? Actually nevermind I forgot you can't talk much, but how come Y/n didn't say anything? I have so many mixed emotions right now" I say as Nezuko leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Taking in the fact that my best friend and crush is a demon now. Not only that but a demon who eats Demons nonetheless! I don't know how to feel, whether I should be angry, happy, sad, guilty, upset I don't know!" I groaned as I looked down. Nezuko pat my back as I smiled at her. "Thanks for listening Nezuko, I'm gonna go and try to find Y/n now so get some rest ok" I said to her as she nodded and laid down on her bed. Getting up, I left her room and closed the door behind me.

Walking down the hall, I began to wander around to try and find Y/n. Turning a corner I then bumped into something solid and looked up. It was the Hashira Kiyoshi! I backed up and bowed infront of him. "I'm sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going" I apologized. It was silent as I then felt a hand on my head, patting it gently. Looking back up at him he still had that blank expression on his face as I stood up properly. "Your looking for the Y/n boy right??" Kiyoshi asked as I nodded. "Follow me" he spoke.

Turning around he then began to lead me down another hall, and to a room on the right. "He's in here" Kiyoshi said as he stopped and pointed at the door. Looking at the door then at his haori I noticed how long his sleeves were. They were long enough to cover his hands completely. "Your wondering about why I hide my hands aren't you?" Kiyosh asked. "Ah! I'm sorry for staring, but yes I am curious" I say as Kiyoshi still kept a blank face.

"I hide them because of my claws, I don't want to hurt anyone by accident with them. So I keep them hidden so it doesn't do any harm" he explained as I nodded. "Oh, I see" 'Is that why Y/n hid his face? Because his eyes are slitted like a cats as his teeth are more narrow and sharp' I thought. After bidding Kiyoshi goodbye I knocked on the door and waited. Hearing a faint 'come in' I take a deep breath and slide the door open.

Peaking my head in I see Y/n sitting on a bed facing the wall, with a blanket covering his body. I step into the room and close the door as I stand close to the bed. Directing my eyes to the blanket on Y/n, I see he was hiding himself. "Y/n, can we talk?" I ask as I saw his body stiffen.

Y/n's P.O.V

'I can't believe those Hashira made me show my true form. And In Front Of Tanjiro Nonetheless! I feel so ashamed, and disappointed in myself' I mentally groaned. Kaito is on the other side of the wall behind me in another room sleeping peacefully. So I'm just in here by myself as I slowly made myself look normal again. Going through the slow slightly painful transformation as I sat there.

Hearing a knock from the door my ears perked up. "Come in" I say as I hear the door open. I immediately know it's Tanjiro by the scent of maple and pine with a small hint of cinnamon. "Y/n, can we talk?" He spoke as I stiffened my body. I stayed silent as I heard him sigh before speaking first.

"Why did you hide yourself from me? Why didn't you tell me you were alive? You were right next to me when I said I was worried about you" I heard him sniff and begin to cry. "Tell me you were planning on telling me. I hate how you hid yourself from me but I would've accepted you! I care about you! Please don't push me away! I can't lose you too!" Tanjiro began to sob. I threw my blanket off me and engulfed him in my arms.

Tanjiro gasped as his tears stopped flowing down his cheeks. I gently stroked his head as I buried my face in his neck. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I was scared you'd fear or hate me for being a demon. I never wanted to hurt you or be the reason you cry, please forgive me" I say as I then feel arms wrap around my neck. "I- I, I forgive you, just please don't ever leave me" Tanjiro cried.