Food Source

1 year later~

Third person P.O.V

Carrying the buckets of water up the mountain to his temporary home, Y/n made sure to use the sun's heat to warm it up. Getting into the cave he saw Kaito playing with some toys.

Kaito heard his brother come in and dropped his toys "Brother!" He exclaimed in happiness. Kaito got up and ran toward his older brother as Y/n set the buckets of warm water down.

Y/n embraced his sibling and picked him up. Walking over to the wooden tub he began to undress Kaito. "Alright, time to clean you up buddy" Y/n smiled putting Kaito next to the tub. Grabbing the buckets of water and pouring it into the tub. Kaito didn't fight back as he was placed into the tub and scrubbed down with a sponge.

Kaito hummed a tune that sounded familiar to Y/n. It was a song their mother would sing often. So the two kids could go to sleep peacefully when they couldn't.

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are grey
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away~

The other night dear as I lay sleeping
I dreamt I held you in my arms
But when I woke dear I was mistaken
So I hung my head and cried

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are grew
You'll never know dear how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
Please don't take,
my sunshine,
away~

Y/n could just faintly hear his mother sing it. Y/n smiled and patted Kaito's head as he continued to clean him. "Can you sing wit me brotha?" Kaito asked sweetly. Y/n nodded as the two siblings began singing the speacial song. Finishing up in cleaning Kaito, Y/n pulled him out of the tub. Dried him, dressed him, and began to get him ready for bed since Kaito ate earlier.

After Kaito went to bed, Y/n readied himself to go out and defeat demons. Y/n didn't have a niichirin sword to finish them off, but he did eat them or make them burn in the sun. So as long as he had those ways to kill them he was content with it. Shifting into his full demon form Y/n groaned a bit in pain.

Bones cracked and shifted in his flesh as they moved around, and poked out of his skin just a bit from the lack of room. Y/n sighed in relief as his transformation was finally done. Standing up, he turned around to face the cave's entrance. Leaving the solitude of his home he grabbed the big boulder and lifted it up to block the way inside.

Making sure to completely camouflage the entrance Y/n then left. Running at such speed he used his sense of smell and hearing to locate any kind of threats. Though it wasn't long when he heard a demons snarls and growls.

His eyes went toward the source of the noise as he turned and leaped into the trees. Jumping from branch to branch was a bit faster than just running for Y/n.

Using his tail to balance himself from falling was quite useful to him. Anyway, getting to the demons location was easy as Y/n's eyes narrowed at the being. The demons head was in a thick layer of skin that connected with the shoulders. With one big horn atop it's head and thin forearms that were shaped like spears.

Dropping down behind a tree and quietly he made sure not to be noticed by it. "Blood Demon Art, Lunar Eclipse - Falling Darkness" Y/n whispered under his breath. The shadows from trees formed into black like tentacles as they then went up into the sky. Connecting at the top, right in the center of the area around them.