Luna rolled her eyes. "Fine, but we're not staying long," she relented standing to her feet.

Eliza squealed then they both turned and looked at me expectantly.

I rolled my eyes, "Let's go."

~~~~~~~

Fifteen minutes later we stepped into Mitchell's it was a Friday night so as expected the place was packed. Eliza spotted the group sitting in a booth near the back of the bar.

We weaved through the crowd heading in their direction when a familiar figure standing at the bar caught my attention. When my eyes landed on Brooks my heart dropped.

Things have been a little strained between us since he left my house that morning a week ago. We haven't talked much sure we've texted a little but not as much as we usually do and when we do text it's honestly a little stilled.

But seeing him here tonight for the first time in a week is not what caused my heart to drop, it was the tall blonde standing next to him. I watched as she stepped closer until she was standing directly in front of him. I couldn't see her face because her back was facing me but I just knew she was smiling up at him.

Before she made her next move I knew what was going to happen. But all I could do was stand frozen in the middle of Mitchell's and watch as it played out in front of my face.

Her hand made its way around his neck and she pulled his lips down to meet hers.

I knew I shouldn't be hurt or angry that he was kissing another girl because we weren't dating.  He was free to kiss and fuck whoever he wanted because we were just friends or so I kept telling myself.

Anger bubbled inside me and I wanted to march up to whoever that bitch was and yank her off him.

I wasn't stupid to think he was celibate since we staring hanging out. But it's different seeing it with my own two eyes.

The kiss didn't last long before Brooks gripped the girl's shoulders pushing her away. He looked down at her and said something.

As if he felt me watching him, his head lifted and his eyes widen when his eyes connected with mine. Realizing Brooks's attention was no longer on her she looked over her shoulder at me.

I didn't stick around after that, instead, I turned my gaze away from them and followed after Eliza and Luna.

I didn't get far before I heard Brooks's voice behind me telling me to stop right before a large hand gripped my shoulder halting my movement.

"Hey," he said as I pulled away from his touch and turned to face him.

There was no way I was going to reveal how affected I was by seeing him kiss another girl. So I did what I do best and bottled up my feelings before I lifted my chin willing myself to look him in the eye.

"What are you doing here?" He had the fucking nerve to ask but I bit back the retort that was on the tip of my tongue.

"I came with Eliza and Luna," I responded my voice controlled and even not giving anything away.

"Gen what you saw was—," I cut him off before he could continue. "Was none of my business," I forced a tight smile on my face that I'm sure looked more like a grimace before I turned and walked off without waiting for his response.