• ten • Surprise •

It had been 2 months. 2 months since they started talking again. Both being as happy as ever. They still didn't label it but it was everything they could ever hope for. There was still 2 months away until summer vacation.

~~~

"Everything still going well between you and my soon to be sister?" Will asked laughing while sitting down at the lunch table on Friday.

"Yeah, so far so good" He sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"It's just been almost 3 months since I've seen her.. and still another 2 to go..." Mike sighed putting his phone down.

"Why don't you go to her?"

"I--I can't just show up  that looks creepy"

"Your not just showing up. It's her birthday this weekend"

"What?!" Mike yelled

"She didn't tell you?"

"No!!"

"Oh well yeah. Hopper is coming down to my place this weekend and again doesn't wanna drag El away from her studies."

"Oh my God... I'm gonna go.."

"Wait really?" Max asked.

"Yeah! It's her birthday she can't be alone!"

"Mike! I don't think you thought this through!!" Max yelled. But it was too late. Mike was already running our the door. He never skips class. But what was 2 more periods. He ran home to back a bag. Screw telling her. He wanted it to be a surprise.

~~~~

Michael Wheeler 💙

Guess who got an A of thier huge science project!!!!!

That's my girl! 💛

What would I ever do without you!

Oh shut it
Your smart and you know it

Picture Attachment

Your nerdy Girl 😉

Omf
Now it's my turn to simp
Short
Beautiful eyes
Soft hair
Soft lips
GLASSES
Fuck... 🥵
How are you real
And how did I get a girl like you to talk to a boy like me..

Mike...
Stop doubting yourself..
Idk what the girls at your school don't see
Your amazing..

🙂
So listen....

Oh God
That's never good
What???

I'm gonna be pretty busy this weekend...
I probably won't have time to message you much if any
I'm sorry...
There's just so much going on..

Oh...
Well..
That's okay
Don't worry about me..

Baby...
I always worry about you..

~~~~

El sighed throwing her phone. Her birthday... and her dad was gone and now the one other person she wants to talk to won't be around.

"Why am I so lame!!!" She groaned tossing around in bed. She took the day off school so she could say bye to her dad. He told her they would celebrate when he's back.

~~~~

Mike jumped in his car. If he left now he could be there by 8. But he couldn't show up empty handed. So he had a few stops to take. He felt bad for lying but he had no choice. He wanted it to be a surprise.

~~~~

Michael Wheeler 💙

I miss you..
I know your probably busy..
But..
I miss you...

~~~

Mike smiled looking at his phone. He didn't know where she lived. But what he did know was every Friday night she would go down to a local café to grab a tea and a treat before going home and getting ready for bed. So when he arrived to his destination he parked across the street from the café looking up. He debated on texting her back but he didn't wanna seem off. He sat there for probably a good twenty minutes before he noticed his bright and spunky friend basically skipping into the café. He chuckled to himself grabbing the bouquet of yellow flowers slowly following.

He noticed her get her drink and muffin and sit down at a table. Her back facing him it was perfect. She pulled out a book, the book he had gotten her. He smiled taking a few extra steps until he could steady hos breathing.

"Hey Sweetheart, mind if I join ya?" He said softly watching her jump.

El was terrified to turn around. The voice sounded familiar but what a creepy way to ask. When she spun around her mouth dropped.

He grinned widely holding out the flowers.

"Somebody told me it was your birthday. So I thought I'd surprise you. I hope that's okay. I hope your not mad" He started over thinking. Oh God what if she hated this.

"Michael!!" She screamed basically jumping up and jumping onto him.

He smiled throwing the flowers down on the table spinning her around.

"Hey Baby" He whispered in her ear before resting his forehead on hers.

"Hey..." she whispered back.

"Your beautiful..." He smiled kissing her forehead and she giggled.

"Was this the plan all along?"

He smiled nodding "surprise?"

She laughed grabbing his hand and the flowers before running off. "I can't believe you drove all this way for me" she smiled.

"I'd do anything for you El" He smiled.

She smirked seeing the dark small alley way beside the café. She grabbed his hand tighter pulling him in

"Oh God! This is a mistake this is where you kill me! Help!!" He yelled laughing.

"Shut up!!" She smiled laughing before slamming him up against the brick and again jumping onto him. This time he caught her and held her up. She threaded her fingers through his hair and started kissing him. Thier first two kisses were soft and slow. This one was harder and more passionate. She bit his lip making him let out a small moan before spinning them around slamming her back onto the brick and kissing alone her mouth, then jaw, then neck making her whimper.

"God... I've been dreaming but this since you left baby..." He whispered against her ear nibbling on it.

"Mhmmm... me too..." she hummed.

He smiled letting her down and she pouted.

"Hey... we have all weekend..." He smiled.

She smiled grabbing his hand. "Come on... let's go back to my place.."

Mike smiled leading her to his car. This was gonna be the best weekend...