• six • Misunderstanding •

"Fuck!!" Mike groaned pulled at his hair in frustration.

Mike was frozen. He didn't know what to do. Does he run after her and explain everything? Does he let her go? Does he call will?

This was horrible. He was so close. So close to kissing the girl of his dreams. Yes he barley knew her but she was perfect. The perfect combination of Brains and Beauty. Truly perfection. And Stacey. Stacey of all people had to message him.

He use tko have the biggest crush on Stacey hence the hearts by her name. But it was never returned. He was a nerd and she was higher up on the social pole.

He did agree to tutor her in math which she was falling behind. He knew Stacey used winks and everything to get what she wanted. She wasn't actually into him. She was just using him. He knew that, he wasn't stupid.

But El was different. She was quiet and shy. He felt butterflies anytime he saw her name in his phone. She was so sweet, and nice. He knew he fucked up. He couldn't help the timing. How was he suppose to know when she'd text.

~~~~~~~~~

El ran. She didn't exactly know where she was. Of course he brought her to his house cause she had no idea where she was.

She wasn't going to go back. She didn't know why she was upset. Of course she shouldn't be. She didn't know him. Not well. He was allowed talking to girls any way he wanted.

She sighed reaching a wooded area with a huge lake. 'LOVERS LAKE' the sign read.

She sighed pulling out her phone. She didn't have Wills number. She should probably get that if their parents were gonna keep this up.

She sighed clicking on the only other number she had. She didn't want to call her dad, she knew that would be a mistake.

~~~~

Max 👩‍🦰

Hey..
R u busy?

Nope!
What's up??

I'm at lover's lake?
I need a drive home..
If that's okay..
Idk where I am..

Mike isn't with you??

No...
Long story

I'll be there in 10!

~~~~~~~

El sighed slipping her phone back in her pocket. Within ten minutes she heard a car honk and looked up seeing Max flashing her lights.

El gave her a smile smile running up to her car and climbing in.

"Holy shit what happened? You look rough"

El sighed shaking her head.

"Was it Wheeler? What happened?"

"Nothing bad... we just... it seemed like we were gonna kiss... then his phone went off .. when I looked down it was some girl with hearts by it... sending him a message about them meeting up tomorrow.. it had a windy face... I know I have no right to be upset.. I just..." She sighed trailing off.

"Wheeler?! No way!"

El sighed nodding.

"Did you see the name?" Max asked.