• seven • Goodbye •

Mike drove El back to Wills. Noone was back yet and they wanted to say goodbye alone.

El sighed when Mike put the cat on park.

"I'm sorry I wasted so much of our time being distent" she whispered.

He shook his head.

"No. Don't put the blame on you... it's okay.."

She gave a small smile and nodded.

"I hope we can still text after everything... I'd still want to ..." She said softly

She grinned.

"Definitely. Don't worry. I'll text you so much you'll shut your phone off"

He laughed at her "I doubt that"

"Well Will, Joyce and my dad will be back any minute so i think I gotta go.." She whispered.

"I'm glad I got to meet you El... your everything I dream of" He whispered tucking some hair behind her ear.

She smiled leaning into his touch.

"I'm glad I got to meet you too Michael"

And now it was her leaning in. She placed one of her hands in his hair and placed her lips onto his. He smiled against her lips putting a hand in her hair so she wouldn't pull away so soon.

This kiss was longer. Still soft and sweet. She smiled backing away.

"Good bye Mike... I'll text you later" She whispered

"Goodbye El.. " He whispered kissing her head one last time.

He watched her go into the Byers household.

She lived so far away. But she's what he wanted. He would wait a million years to see her again if it meant being with her.

~~~~~

"Goodbye Will!" El yelled from the window of the truck smiling.

"Bye El!!" He yelled back smiling.

With that Hopper drove the truck out of the driveway.

"So kid. What do you think?" Hopper asked once they were out of Hawkins.

"About what?"

"Joyce? Will? Hawkins? Anything" He shrugged.

"Oh! Joyce is nice! I like her. And Wills awesome! He even let me try out his cameras. And I liked Hawkins it's cute and everyone knows everyone" She smiled.

"Meet any cute boys?" He asked grinning

"Dad!" She yelled smacking his arm

"What?! I was just asking!"

"No. But I made friends with Will friends Max! She's really cool I got her number"

"Oh that's great! Maybe we will come back and visit in the summer"

El smiled and nodded

Summer Vacation. Would Mike wait that long? Is that too much for him? Should she text him? Or wait? They kissed twice. They weren't dating. It felt more like a hook up  just with kissing. She was deep in her thoughts until her phone buzzed not alerting her dad.

Michael Wheeler 💙

Miss you already

🙂
Miss you too
& Max and Will
Lol

Oh God...
Not Max...
I'm gonna lose you to Max

Lol
Shut up
She's great