xxii. an unforgettable bond of a lifetime

━━━ VVV ━━━

THE FLIGHT SMOOTHLY allowed them to reach their desired location, Veni being strapped between Alex and Erik, opposite of Raven who was still yet to let go of Umbra who was sound asleep in her arms

“It looks pretty messy out there.” Hank glanced outside his window.

“You don't say?” Veni frowned, progressively getting grumpier as she became more anxious.

She was used to flying. It was obvious from how professional she could maneuver her broom. But being placed inside a jet and not feeling the refreshing air on her skin, it didn't exactly sit well with her.

Alex did his best to comfort her, placing a hand on her thigh which stopped her legs from bouncing. He ignored her snarky comment about just wanting to touch her exposed thighs.

“The crew of Aral Sea are all dead. Shaw's been there.” Charles informed.

“He's still here, somewhere.” Erik stated.

“He set the ship on course for the embargo line.”

“If that ship crosses the line, our boys are going to blow it up.” Moira enlightened them. “And the war begins.”

“Unless they're not our boys.” Charles opened.

They all exchanged realizing looks. A few seconds later, the telepath closed his eyes and used his mutation.

The jet released alarming beeps, Hank's eyes widening as he twisted their vehicle once he spotted a missile heading straight to them.

“HANK, YOU SON OF A BITCH!” Veni exclaimed as they were being pushed around.

“NOT MY FAULT!” the mutant shouted back. He moved them into a normal slant, sighing as he shortly faced the older man. “A little warning next time, Professor.”

“Sorry about that. You all right?” Charles apologized.

“Yeah.” Sean breathed out.

“Couldn't say a stabilizing spell?” Alex smirked.

She glared at him. “Well excuse me if I wasn't informed!”

“That was inspired, Charles.” Moira said from the front.

“Thank you very much, but I still can't locate Shaw.” the man said.

“He's down there. We need to find him now.” Erik insisted.

“Hank?”

“Is there anything unusual on the radar or scanners?” Hank asked Moira.

“No. Nothing.”

“Well, then he must be underwater.” Hank said.

“Wait, Veni. Didn't you say Umbra could pinpoint where someone is?” Raven asked.