ii. the art of going but also not

━━━ VVV ━━━

CHARLES NEVER LOST any hope even as the sun had set and the moon was almost located in the middle of the boundless sky of darkness

CHARLES NEVER LOST any hope even as the sun had set and the moon was almost located in the middle of the boundless sky of darkness. The glittering stars seemed to be clearer today, and he took that as a good sign that this might be a lucky day for him.

“Face it, Charles. She's not going to come.” No matter how optimistic the telepath was, the other male who knew of her existence voiced his ultimate negativity.

“Have some faith, Erik. She'll come.” It didn't faze Charles, or at least he didn't let the magnetic mutant waver his hope.

“Does she even know where we are?” Erik sighed. “She left before we could give any other detail. How in the world would she even know we're here? For all we know she's really one of Shaw's spawn and is now reporting our whereabouts.”

Xavier's lips curled upwards at the last bit. Only yesterday, he was so certain she wouldn't even be an enemy and now he was the one assuming the worst. Looks like she really did prove a point.

Moira, who was with the two of them, kept silent while she stood beside the man. She was still confused with the explanation she received from Charles about how a mutant with energy abilities might be with them and that she was also a telepath too. Going along with it, she didn't oppose to any waiting they were doing. She didn't need to. Because Charles could hear her thoughts about her befuddlement of what the supposedly arriving new recruit was. And in all honesty, the man himself was also unable to decipher what she can truly do. All she showed him was about her using a spell that could throw away a person and so he guessed she might have telekinetic or psychic powers.

“She'll come.” Charles stood firmly on his belief.

Once again, Erik sighed. Both of them sure did have some obvious differences to their personalities.

“In your dreams that might be. She clearly didn't care about any of the stuff we're doing.” Erik tutted, folding his arms together. After a few more minutes, he shook his head then straightened from his leaning position. “You know what, while you wait for nothing, I'm gonna go inside. Maybe you'll realize soon that—”

“I told you to have some faith.” Charles Xavier interrupted him with a grin, staring at the end of the street where a figure was walking towards them.

Moira was still confused, but was now curious. “That's her?”

“Veni von Veneficium.” He nodded, going down the steps of the entrance and walking to meet her. His two companions followed his actions. “Quite a mouthful to say.”

“Well she's right on time.” Moira glanced at her watch.

As the four finally met in the middle, one sound was louder than the others. And it was the unbelieving scoff from Erik himself.