I really hope she does.

"They aren't, we haven't seen each other in a whileI don't think I will be seeing her again." I shrugged lightly with a halfhearted smile.

"Oh... I'm sorry, I know you liked her... for some reason." Iliana moved her brows up in mild disapproval.

"We didn't match I guess. What about you and Kai? Last time we talked you had stood her up, how did that go?" I changed the spotlight to her, in hopes to find what is really bothering her.

"We weren't in good terms, but we talked it out and we are fine. She's doing her thing and I'm doing mine until we are able to divorce." Iliana explained with apparent disinterest, that was if her eyes wouldn't betray her wordslonging evident on them, the first time showing any emotion since I came to the office.

"You two are still going to divorce when the two years are up?"

"We never said otherwise, this marriage has always being beneficial. The means to an end... and besides I I have a I have Josh." Iliana went back to stare at the city.

"Yeah... whatever you say."

I try to be understanding with her, but that is so difficult when I don't understand her at all.

"I should get back to work." Iliana hastily stood up, smoothing her pants with her hands.

"Okay, I'll just head home, I'm done for the day." I stood up and placed myself in front of her.

Iliana nodded at my words, "Of course, I'll text you later."

"Sure." I gulped and stopped my best friend from walking awaymy hands grabbing her. Her grey eyes going back and forth between our hands and my face. "I love you Lia... you would tell me if something was wrong, right? Because you can, you can tell me anything."

"I know I can. Don't worry Aps, I'm okay." Iliana send me a reassuring smile, but it still wasn't enough to shake my uneasiness.

But I also knew that, whatever it was, Iliana wouldn't break and tell me. She never does and that's why I worry so much. All I have left is to trust her to eventually talk to me.

I wasn't excited to go back home, not after my conversation with Iliana and how weird it felt, but I didn't have other option than going home I also had to check up on Squirrel.

Having a pet makes me feel like a mom.

As I unlocked my door I saw my neighbor coming out of the elevatorDrew was dressed on some shorts, a green workout tank top and running shoes it seems like he was getting home from the gym.

He took out one airpod when he saw mehis white pearly smile showing. "Hey there neighbor."

"Hi neighbor. Coming home from the gym?"

"No, just a run. Coming home from work?" Drew asked.

"Is it too obvious?" I grimaced.

"A bit, you just have that face that says 'I'm finally home'." He pointed out making me chuckle.

"That I am... kind of." I finished unlocking my door and as I did Squirrel came out of the apartment to greet me.

Drew approached me and leaned against the wall, "How come?"

"I'm glad I'm home, but I'm also not because I don't have anything else to do so I'll be bored out of my mind. Maybe I'll just binge watch shows." I contemplated the idea as I carried Squirrel.

"Well, I don't have anything to do either so... would you like I don't know, binge watch shows with me?" Drew asked almost shyly.

"Really? Of course I would!" I could really use the company right now and I happen to enjoy Drew's company.

"Great! I'm going to shower first and I'll let you know when I'm outside." He pointed back to his own doorlight excitement showing on his hazel eyes, it was kind of cute.

"Sure, see you in a bit neighbor."

"See you in a bit neighbor... you too bud." Drew scratched the back of Squirrel's ear with his fingeris unbelievable how easy going this cat is with him. He sent me a smile as he retreated to his apartment while walking backwards, and I would be lying if I said I didn't find myself effortlessly smiling back.

-