"Right, bye Josh." Iliana crossed her arms as the guy leaned in to kiss her cheek.

I watched as he walked out of the office and he didn't fail to stop to glare at me before he did. The hate always has been mutual, and it'll remain like that.

Once the doors closed behind him I turned my attention to my best friend—she didn't seem like her usual self, she was quiet and on her mind a lot lately. We haven't been seeing each other much, which was also not normal for us.

"Did you really have anything to talk to me about work?" Iliana questioned.

"No, but I did want to talk to you." I went to grab one of her hands just for her to take it back immediately, letting it fall on her side instead.

"Let's just sit." I watched her with narrowed eyes, but didn't say anything else and followed her to sit on the couch that she has in her office.

Iliana's gaze was captivated by the view of the city from her window, but she looked like she was just lost in her head. Like she wasn't really there. "Lia, Lia... Iliana." It took me three tries for me to get her attention.

"Sorry... what is it that you wanted to talk about?" Iliana asked, her eyes still far away. I inspected her with my eyes, but there didn't seem to be nothing physically wrong with her. Her straight blonde hair was pass her shoulders, her face had light make up and she wore her usual work attire—a long sleeved white button shirt and black trousers.

"You, I wanted to know how you were, we haven't talked in some days."

"Right... how have you been?" Iliana asked, averting her gaze towards the window again. I bit my lip and suppressed myself from voicing out her clear disinterest to talk to me.

"I've been good?" I wasn't even sure of that. "What about you?"

"I'm fine."

"You don't seem fine." At that the blonde looked back at meher eyes void of any emotion.

"I am, don't worry about me."

I shook my head, "You know I can't do that. Lia I will always care for you, you are my best friendlike a sister even."

"I know and I appreciate it, but I'm fine, Aps. Really." I saw Iliana move her hand slowly before putting it on top of mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze despite not feeling any real reassurance. "How are things with Alex? Have you two talked again?"

Alex, right.

It's been a second since I thought about the brunette. She hasn't reach out again since that morning in my apartment, so I guess it was matter of time till I eventually forgot her... till now. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss her Alex has her flaws like every person does, but she has many things I like about her.

But who can be with someone who doesn't wants you at least not enough.

I found console in knowing that is not just me that she can't compromise to beyond fucking. Alex is clearly afraid of any type commitment, and I hope that she eventually gets over itnot so we can be together, but so she can find love and see that there's nothing wrong with caring.