"Which one is Ethan?" I asked.

"Ethan is number 12. Chase just gave him the ball." My eyes moved to the guy with the ball as he got down in front of the guys on the other team and placed the ball on the ground.

The referee came over to them and said some stuff. He blew his whistle and then Chase yelled some stuff. I never used to watch football at my old school. It wasn't really big there. I mean of course I watch the Super Bowl and stuff but I never really knew what was going on.

Chase finished yelling and said "Hike." Ethan threw the ball between his legs to Chase.

"Chase is the quarter back. Ethan blocks for him." Chase took a few steps back and then threw the ball to one of his team mates down the field. He caught it and ran for a little bit until he was tackled by a big guy in the back. They all moved up the field and that's basically how the whole game went.

Our team would score a few points. Then the other team would score a few. Then our team would score a few more. It was really interesting watching the guys playing. It scared me when they got tackled. At one point Ethan got knocked down quickly and then the same guy went after Chase. Chase quickly threw it but was tackled after. It looked like it hurt.

I would cheer for the guys but I kept looking down at the bench and feeling bad that Jared wasn't getting to play. I really wanted to see him play. I wonder what he did to get benched. I mean the coach said he wasn't playing like a team player but what was he doing? Maybe I could ask him later or Chase or Ethan. I wasn't really talking to Chase right now I guess. I mean I wasn't mad it was just frustrating that he wouldn't tell me anything. I guess I was going to have to ask Ethan.

Towards the end of the game it got a little slow. But the guys pulled through and won. Not that it was a close game or anything. The score was 35-28

After the guys left the field and went back to the locker room, Lydia tried to round up the boys. William was acting up and running around. Logan and Oliver were fighting. Wesley and Keaton weren't helping at all. They just slowly walked to the car while they did stuff on their phones.

I took Williams hand and squatted down to his eye level. "Do you want to play a game?"

He looked at me then smiled. "What is it?" he asked.

"It's called the quiet game. For the whole car ride home you have to see who can be the quietest. If you win I'll give you candy." He smiled at that last part.

"Do you want to play?" He nodded. "Okay were starting now."

William smiled and walked with Keaton and Wesley. Lydia looked at me and said, "Thank you."

"No problem. I'm going to go see Jared, but I'll meet you at the car in a little bit," I whispered so William wouldn't hear.

She nodded and I left to go inside. As I walked through the doors of the school I saw some of the guys walking to the locker room. I followed them. There was a hallway by the bathrooms before you got the the locker rooms. I waited there.

When I got in the hallway I noticed there were two people talking by the locker room doors. It was a girl and a guy. The guy looked kind of familiar but he was far away so it was hard to tell. I didn't recognize the girl though.

I stayed away from them a little but I could still hear a little bit of their conversation. I couldn't tell what they were saying but I could hear their voices. The guy sounded like someone I knew.

As I heard him talk more I realized it was Jared. Who was he talking to? I started to walk closer to hear better but my shoe made a scuffing sound against the floor and they both looked up.